New, 51, and looking for friends

Options
My name is Paul, been a user of MFP for a few years but this is the first time I have taking it seriously. About 1.5 months ago, I made a decision, an unstoppable one to take care of myself, lose the 44 plus lbs, get fit, get 6 pack abs at the age of 51 (many told me this is not normal, but I don't listen to naysayers). I track my calories every day, run a lot (40-50 miles per week of slow long distance running), and am focused to make my life the best I can. Since this decision, I see my life and the miraculous changes and I'm focus on a vision of an even better life. Very excited about this chapter of life and want to make friends with people who are like minded and want the most out of life and are focused and dedicated towards taking care of their mind and their health. If your looking for the same kind of MFP friend, please send me an invitation. Thanks

Replies

• lumpy56lump
    lumpy56lump Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    don't listen to the naysayers, they're just jealous!
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    What isn't normal? Being 51 with a six pack? Ha! The hell it isn't normal.
  • crocktherock
    crocktherock Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Love your Henry Ford quote and nice to see there's a fellow liver-eater out there! I'm 52 but I'm still working on getting rid of the keg before I can work on the six pack!
  • prabbitts
    prabbitts Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Glad you like the liver too. I get the grass fed liver from Whole Foods and love it. Taste delicious and probably one if the most nutrient dense foods on the planet. Love it! I had the keg a few months ago and now it's almost flat. I look in the mirror and sometimes can't believe it! Had the keg for a good 7-8 years. Just hard work, consistency and reminding myself to have patience and not try and do it overnight.