Couch to 5k Treadmill - Speeds?

Options
Hi there,

I'm new the the boards (just started yesterday) with a pretty heft goal. However, eventually I want to get to the point of running a 5k. I downloaded Couch to 5k, but I'm wondering what the speeds should be on the treadmill for the walking and jogging? What about the "brisk" walk?

Any help would be great ...

Thank you!

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Do what's comfortable. For me, I walked about 3 to 3.5 mph and initially, my running segments were 4 mph. Fairly quickly that became 4.5 mph.
  • teaparty75
    teaparty75 Posts: 170
    Options
    i think its all relative to what you're comfortable with .....i'm over weight and had no experience running , so i feel that in order for me to maintain the endurance to complete the c25k workouts , i need to go sloooowww ....so my run speed is 4.5 (i'll take it even slower - 4.0 - when i start feeling like i want to stop) and my brisk walk is 3.2 on the treadmill ....i can say that i do much better when i get outside to run - perhaps its because i can't see the timer ....lol.....good luck and don't worry about having to repeat weeks if you don't feel like you're ready to move on !!