what's your stack?

Options
2»

Replies

• Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    CellTech isnt a protein though. Its creatine and yeah it is overpriced. I think the sugar is added to cause an insulin spike to improve the absorption of the creatine.
    You can make your own celltech with creatine monohydrate powder and dextrose powder if you really wanted to use it.

Cell-tech is code name for steroids these days . Not the actual cell-tech from muscle tech

But correct the real cell-tech from muscle tech ia basically simple sugars + creatine
  • shane_tac1
    shane_tac1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Not heard it called that before. Back when I trained in the UK we called it gear or juice.

And JoRocka have you read up on glucosamine mate? Most studies I have read show its does nothing. Its a placebo effect if anything.
  • adamdlc
    adamdlc Posts: 34
    Options
    Creatine
    Whey Protein
    Fish Oil
    BCAA
    Optimen Multi Vitamin
    Glutamine
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Not heard it called that before. Back when I trained in the UK we called it gear or juice.

And JoRocka have you read up on glucosamine mate? Most studies I have read show its does nothing. Its a placebo effect if anything.

I had to google "dat dere CellTech" myself. The story is pretty funny.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Pick your protein carefully. Most have soo many sugars in them as fillers your getting ripped off. Celltech is one of the worst culprits. Read the labels and find a protein that simple. Read the servings as well. Biggest advertisement bull**** is saying 60 grams a serving when each serving is 3 scoops. Lol. Don't buy into it.
    A simple multivitamin is good. Fish oil, vitamin C.
    If you start getting more heavy into lifting and your recovery is slow some L - glutamine would help. Unless you are going to start competing I really wouldn't worry about aminos.
    Calorie intake is where it's at. Healthy foods all day long. Eat eat eat

Nooo not "cell-tech" but, "dat cell-tech", two totally different things.

^this
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    tagging to follow ....

I just use whey protein and eat ....

ETA - I do use BCAA's
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Well I qualify on the "veteran" part but not so sure about muscle building these days!

Pre-workout:
    Breakfast or Lunch (or sometimes fasted)
    During Workout:
    Water
    Post-workout:
    Lunch or Dinner.

I use whey protein when I'm not meeting my protein goal.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to know what the muscle gaining veterans are using in their supplement stacks. I'm relatively new to the lifting world, so I'm trying to learn from other people's successes!

So, what's your stack?

Just eat food.... point to a supplement is to supplement something you are missing.

Get a blood test, go to the doctor ... see if I am deficient in anything and then go from there.

Supplement industry is around to make money not to make you better/ stronger/ faster... if that was the case there would be like 1-2 different things that everyone would sell.. wait there is something like that ... steroids ... skip on the supplements and just take steroids... costs less (not kidding) and no I don't take them but have done research.

My opinion ... I'm not a doctor... it's just logically the right choice to me if you are willing to take them that is.
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Whey

Preworkout and intraworkout consists of:
    Hydrolyzed whey or casein (just quickly digesting protein, since regular whey is not good for intraworkout or even pre)
    Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrins (carbs, same concept as above)
    Leucine
    Creatine
    Orange Juice

Various preworkout stims

Not a supplement junkie at all. Only use the basics which have mounds of scientific backing. Beyond the basics, the only chemicals which actually work are juice.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Whey/Casein blend

Intraworkout:
    Peptopro, Glycofuse, Creatine, L-citrulline, beta-alanine

Postworkout:
    Stack o' Pancakes or Kid Cereals
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Whey/Casein blend

Intraworkout:
    Peptopro, Glycofuse, Creatine, L-citrulline, beta-alanine

Postworkout:
    Stack o' Pancakes or Kid Cereals

same intra, minus the citrulline.

Glycofuse is delicious. I go through tubs so damn fast.
  • robrusleg
    robrusleg Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ON Gold Standard Whey Protein (Extreme Milk Chocolate)
    ON Creatine Monohydrate (unflavored)
    ProSupps' Mr. Hyde pre-workout (Fruit Punch)
    Modern BCAA (watermelon, fruit punch, blue raspberry)