Starting 30 Day Shred would like buddies

Options
I'm starting 30 Day shred on Monday 3/31 would like some buddies, I'm about 50 lbs over weight and never exercise so I know I wont be able to do it 7 days a week Hoping for at least 4 days. Would like some people to help motivate me!

Replies

• toni119922
    toni119922 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it up again today. It's been forever since I worked out, and recent stresses have caused me to gain even more weight. If you want to add me, we can message each other each day to keep ourselves working hard.
  • asolmaz
    asolmaz Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi,
    I've been doing the 30 day shred for 3 months now. Its just brilliant!

It has helped me in so many ways...Before starting I had never done a days exercise in my life. I never gave a second thought to what I ate, was smoking (for over 15 years). I had always lacked the self discipline and determination to do anything about it. I never would have thought it but I have actually become addicted to her fitness dvd and I feel great. I don't follow the strict diet but use common sense by not over snacking on sugary and high fat foods. I have lost inches off my waist and built some muscle on my legs. My tummy has always been my problem area and I just cant believe the result. I have been doing level 3 for just over a month now. At first, even level 1 was painful but at this stage the experience is more enjoyable than difficult. As your body continues to grow stronger, I promise you the regime will get easier :)

Ayla
  • deliacm
    deliacm Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend, I'm starting Monday too! My 6 year old is my only other partner!
  • Sonia5261
    Options
    I started 30 day shred on march 4 and it is still difficult for me. Currently doing level 2. hopefully it will get better soon.
  • Hakers344
    Hakers344 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have just bought this DVD and will be starting Monday. Am going to get some hand weights today, although I know you can use cans of beans etc as weights. Be nice to do it along with others who are starting too. Must remember to take body measurements and before pics. Would be nice to see the progress.
  • kayla_who
    kayla_who Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about starting this too...I could use a partner(s) in crime. :)
  • tmjdunn
    tmjdunn Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I did it with a friend last summer and loved it. I have been meaning to start up again. If I can get my space unpacked enough to move around I will totally be joining you! I definitely need the motivation.
  • nks798
    nks798 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Think I'm going to start it back. I've done it before and loved it :)
  • disneymomamy
    Options
    Hi I was thinking of starting 30 day shred soon so Monday would be good. I have about 25-30 lbs more to lose. I will see how I look and feel after another 20-25. Would like to lose this by the end of summer but if it take longer so be it. you can add me as a friend if you like.
  • rebeccawesterfield5
    rebeccawesterfield5 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love the Shred program! Jillian Michaels is a great motivator. I have been doing it since mid- January and have finally reached level two and have lost weight and inches!! :) Just keep reminding yourself it is only twenty minutes and give it everything you've got! I would love some buddies on this journey, please add me to your friend list.
  • Kim24S
    Kim24S Posts: 22
    Options
    I've never done it before either. But I will love to join in!
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Ok I think I sent you all a friend request... I'm excited and scared lets keep each other motivated. I'm going to be slow going, hurt my shoulder 2 days ago trying to lift weights for the first time. lol Yeah I'm dumb... anyone else wants to join just send me a friend request, we can do it and those of you that have already done it or have already started I'm looking for support from you guys to keep me going!
  • I loathe the Running Man, loathe it, I do this when I am at home and don't want to leave the house, but I usually like to leave the house and spend 2 hours at the gym. The Shred is a good workout!
  • newhealthnbeauty
    Options
    I'm down and would love the support. Anyone else doing 30-day Shred or planning to start, PLEASE ADD ME. Thanks! :-)
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,638 Member
    Options
    I can't find this on the exercise log, am I typing it wrong? I would like to be able to log what I do and I don't have and can't at this time afford all the cool extras - fitbit, hrm......
  • deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm In !! I've a LOT to lose and this dvd is my starting point!! Just ordered a new copy as I couldn't find my old one and gave it a try the other night :O I'm so unfit and out of shape it's beyond a joke

Feel free to add me too!
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Good question on how people log this, I wasn't able to find it either, so I would like to know how those of you that have done it are logging your exercise
  • deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I was able to log it? It came up as 30 day Shred
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I love 30 DS just finished the complete DVD. Enjoy!
  • Good question on how people log this, I wasn't able to find it either, so I would like to know how those of you that have done it are logging your exercise

Save your pennies for a HRM, apply, workout, see calories burnt. My current HRM watch is so used the wrist part tore in half, taped it back together. Dedication