Always hungry!

Since upping my exercise and calories i have become hungry all the time! i eat a net of about 1400-1500 so im not under eating as all, is this the same with anyone else?

Replies

• 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Hell yes - The more I exercise, the more calories I eat, the more my body wants food!!

Eat up - But make sure your eating all the good things to help with your workouts.

Have you worked out your BMR & TDEE properly + the exercise you do? You eating the calories back right? Or not?

Up your intake of yummy proteins, fruit and veg + its very important to drink lots of water throughout the day (Especially during & after workouts) to keep you hydrated.

This will all help with your progress, keep you full & give you lots of energy to master your workouts.

Also get some good healthy fats & fibre in your diet - More calories dense filling foods!

Hope this helps? x
  • fattybumclaire
    fattybumclaire Posts: 91 Member
    Definately, the more I exercise the more I want to eat. I always find that the day after I do a big run or swim I want to eat all day lol.
  • licorice_tea
    licorice_tea Posts: 59 Member
    I notice from your post history that you mention doing weights and cardio interchangably, 6 days a week, spending an hour at the gym each time. I'm assuming then, that 3x a week you do an hour of cardio, and I'm guessing that's why you are seeing this hunger. If you consider the difference in nutritional needs between a sprinter and a marathon runner, you can understand why your body might be craving more calories (and specifically more carbs) if you are edging into endurance athlete territory by doing an hour of cardio. You might feel less hungry if you swap your hour for 20 mins of HIIT.

However, it's also worth considering that it sounds like you have a really intense training regimen. You are the same height as me, so I know your BMR is in the 1400's and so despite taking on a training plan that most people embark upon eating at maintenance, you are eating the bare minimum. With all that extra training, you should really be basing your calories on TDEE. Best of luck!

ETA: Your ticker reveals your current weight at 129 for 5'7". You are only 11 pounds from the lower barrier of a healthy BMI for your height. You should be eating TDEE - 10% at best, really.
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    The days after lifting I'm ravenous. Yesterday I ate everything in site and need to make a trip to Aldi's as a result :embarassed: . But last night was Zumba (and not a particularly big burn if my non-using HRM self is any indicator) and its much easier to eat with restraint.