Annoyed with myself!

Options
For going over my calories yesterday! I've been being really 'good', earning 100's of calories in exercise but yesterday had a major hunger on and scoffed 3 scrambled eggs and a full tin of beans at the night! Could have been worse I spose but I'm struggling to draw that line and not beat myself up!!

Replies

• salvationsdying
    salvationsdying Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm having the problem of beating myself up too. I was doing great, 200 or 300 under my goal daily...now I'm lucky to have calories left! (Sometimes that includes my workout calories!)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I think that was a very healthy choice you made - you should be patting yourself on the back for not going for cookies or chocolate!

Did that take you much over your calories for the day?
  • jillcally
    jillcally Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you on? I'm on 1200 which seems brutal! Today I've put in the 3 meals I WILL eat and I'm -76! At least itll spur me on to hammer the gym later to earn some more! Normally on a Friday I get through a LOT of wine so will have to stay away from that too!
  • toeboe
    toeboe Posts: 2
    Options
    Forget yesterday, today's a new day :)
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    That's a great healthy choice - I'd say you obviously needed the protein (especially after working out). Log it and move in - in the long term persistence is the key to success!
  • kittykat1994
    kittykat1994 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    There's no harm on going over or under once in a while! Your still way into calorie deficit.
  • BigTCanuk
    BigTCanuk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's okay you have to live and after all you're only human! It's not like you went and atre a whole bag of Kettle Crisps and 2litres of Coke! Take it easy just remember your goals and that will keep you motivated. You're doing great
  • SnOwCaPcAt
    SnOwCaPcAt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that one bad day does not cancel out six good days, just like one good day does not cancel out six bad days.
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I'm having the problem of beating myself up too. I was doing great, 200 or 300 under my goal daily...now I'm lucky to have calories left! (Sometimes that includes my workout calories!)

MFP targets are set up with your deficit already factored in. The number of calories you see in the massive font is *supposed* to be reached. You are meant to aim as close as possible to that number, and you are meant to eat back (at least a percentage of) your workout calories. That will enable you to lose weight at a safe and healthy rate.
  • kerryradz
    kerryradz Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that one bad day does not cancel out six good days, just like one good day does not cancel out six bad days.

this ^^^

also if you are that concerned with going over on one day, if you have the app you can check if you are are over your weekly calories, focus more on that :D
  • FinallyBestMe
    FinallyBestMe Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Why are you on such a low calorie intake? 1200 calories DOES sound brutal. My daughter has lost 150 pounds and never went below 1500 calories. Success, Debi
  • FinallyBestMe
    FinallyBestMe Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great advice! :)
  • arganusai
    arganusai Posts: 17
    Options
    It's okay you have to live and after all you're only human! It's not like you went and atre a whole bag of Kettle Crisps and 2litres of Coke!

This made me laugh, but very true. We all have days where we pig out, it is just making sure they're in the minority.

Keep on going, and the rest of us will support you!
  • jillcally
    jillcally Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone, I love these boards! Yes I was chuffed I didn't eat something really bad like the chippy I fancied! My weight is 181lbs and I'm aiming to lose 2lb a week so its set at 1200 which seems a bit low, I do feel healthier after this week overall and I think I'm losing a chin so sod it!

Thanks again everyone, happy Friday x
  • mollybuck
    mollybuck Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    One little stumble shouldn't derail the whole train. I've been that road many times before. Just get back in the saddle. Like many have said, it could have been so much worse.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    As long as you're in a calorie deficit (taking in less cals than you expend), you'll be fine! :)
    No sense in beating yourself up over it. Just know that each day is a new day and just worry about THAT day. I'll tell you what I heard the other day and it makes total sense when it pertains to weight loss, "Leave what's in the past, in the past and focus on what's in front of you". :)

-Jason
  • mollybuck
    mollybuck Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Amen to that.
  • xWendyJonesx
    xWendyJonesx Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself, you was obiously hungry and made a sensible choice eating eggs and beans, like others have said it could have been crisps and chocolate and been far worse.

Can I ask why have you set things to loose 2lbs a week, if you change it to a lb or even 1\2lb a week you'll have far more calories to play with, you'll also be far less stressed over what you can and can't eat and it'll be a lot easier to stick to.