Best Wii Exercise Games?

Options
My mom is an exercise enthusiast as well, and loves her Wii Fit. I’d like to get her another Wii game for Christmas that is also fitness-related. Does anyone have suggestions for other Wii exercise games? I only know of Wii Fit Plus and Zumba.

Thanks!!

Replies

• HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Wii Active. It's good, but can get a bit repetitive after a while.
  • nicolepope11
    Options
    They have the Biggest Loser games and a Jillian Michaels game as well.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I have posted this a few times - getting smart now and saving it so I can copy and paste. Hope it helps!

Here is my rating - on what I have:

Wii Fit Plus - GREAT for starting out. Started with Advanced Step. Now use it still for Free run, Free Step, Strength exercises and Boxing
    EA Sports Active 2 - Different than Wii Fit Plus - a good workout! Challenges and workouts increase as you move from day to day! Combines strength and cardio
    Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010 - Good workout - I use the Total Body 1 and 2 mostly - combines strength and cardio
    Biggest Loser for Wii - tried it out early on. I have a bad knee and there are some things that I can't or should not do. Good though
    Zumba for Wii - NEW - Kicks my "behind" AND I have done the DVD's and take a weekly class. GREAT burn! Surprised that I burn as much as in the 60 min live class
    Just Dance and Just Dance 2 – FUN - #2 is better. Not a workout DVD but it is a good workout if you have an HRM
  • Rachaely
    Rachaely Posts: 113
    Options
    I have posted this a few times - getting smart now and saving it so I can copy and paste. Hope it helps!

Here is my rating - on what I have:

Wii Fit Plus - GREAT for starting out. Started with Advanced Step. Now use it still for Free run, Free Step, Strength exercises and Boxing
    EA Sports Active 2 - Different than Wii Fit Plus - a good workout! Challenges and workouts increase as you move from day to day! Combines strength and cardio
    Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010 - Good workout - I use the Total Body 1 and 2 mostly - combines strength and cardio
    Biggest Loser for Wii - tried it out early on. I have a bad knee and there are some things that I can't or should not do. Good though
    Zumba for Wii - NEW - Kicks my "behind" AND I have done the DVD's and take a weekly class. GREAT burn! Surprised that I burn as much as in the 60 min live class
    Just Dance and Just Dance 2 – FUN - #2 is better. Not a workout DVD but it is a good workout if you have an HRM

LOL! Thank you!!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I know the original Wii Biggest Loser is a good workout. The new Wii BL is on my Christmas list :)
  • bas27
    bas27 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    i love the "your shape" for wii as well :) i get an awesome workout from it
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I love the wii shape. Your on the tv, and it actually tells you if your doing it incorrect. it uses a camera, and every day the work outs change. I burn 400-500 cal in 30 min, and its fun.
  • billylindsay
    billylindsay Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Biggest loser was the hardest I had tried
  • kfass
    kfass Posts: 5
    Options
    I have a wii as well and love it! I have Wii fit and Wii active. I am hoping for a couple more this Christmas :) I love wii Fit for easy aerobic days. I am a stay at home mom, so it is perfect for nap time. Wii Active kicked my butt the first couple times I did it. I seriously had a hard time sitting down for a few days after using it I was so sore. It is fun, great for at home workout options, and even my husband likes to try and beat my score (which makes it even more challenging!
  • Rachaely
    Rachaely Posts: 113
    Options
    I love the wii shape. Your on the tv, and it actually tells you if your doing it incorrect. it uses a camera, and every day the work outs change. I burn 400-500 cal in 30 min, and its fun.

Wow that is quite the workout! Is it weird seeing yourself workout though?
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options

Is this using a heart rate montior or what the game told you? I bust my butt at the gym & only burn 500-600 an HOUR doing hard cardio, and I think I'm a lot heavier than you...
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Wii FitPlus would be great for our mom if she only has Wii Fit.

As well Just Dance 2, and Wii Active 2 are both really fun! The Wii Active 2 allows you to set up your own work out, and comes with a HRM that works with the system.

Sometimes we can get the whole family going on the active games.

You are a great daughter to be looking for an ideal gift for your mom! I am sure what ever you get her she will like it. :flowerforyou: