I need to pee ALL the time?!

Options
This isn't about weight but I had no idea where to put it. But I'm needing to pee all the time. I've always been fairly frequent, I started to drink a lot more due to dieting, so this may be it, but I don't see how drinking the recommended 8 glasses, could make me want to pee every few hours or more. I thought it was caffeine so I didn't drink any for a week and I still had the problem. Anyone experienced this?

Replies

• AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    LOL. Yep.
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    get checked for diabetes!

very common symptom!

good luck...
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm nearly 37 weeks pregnant. Don't talk to me about having to pee lol.

Before I drank a lot of coffee and did find I peed less if I drank less coffee.
  • Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Yup. Every few hours? I think I go hourly. Your body will adjust, stick with it
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    when i started upping my water intake I had to pee all the time. Still happens actually.
  • smithed812
    smithed812 Posts: 289
    Options
    Every few hours? I Don't think that's anything to worry about. When I drink a lot of water I have to go every 15 minutes it seems. Also could be a bladder infection if you feel the need to go all the time but can't actually go.
  • dortilolma
    dortilolma Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Yep - I drink a lot of Herbal tea so need to pee every hour pretty much.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Drink less. If your peeing a lot your body doesn't need the fluid. Your body has a perfectly adequate way of telling if you need fluid it's called thirst. The 8 glasses a day thing has no basis in science it's just a number plucked out of thin air.
  • queenofozfitness
    Options
    I drink around 80 oz of water a day. 60+ just in the 8 hours at work, I think I pee hourly. The more you put in, the more that comes out. :)

I think you're okay, but if you think you need to see a doctor, then by all means do it!

Happy Trails!

-Shelby Lynne
  • KatieLouWho19
    KatieLouWho19 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Definitely NORMAL.

I started drinking a gallon of water a day. While at work I get in about 3L and have to pee every 30minutes-1hour... EVERY SINGLE day! LOL....

So yea, water will do it to ya! No doubt about it!
  • blessedtrinichic
    blessedtrinichic Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! Someone just read my mind... geez I've just started too and the peeing is crazy lol...I'm hoping it settles itself soon as my body adjusts to all this water lol
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    It's most likely due to the extra water - just because you are now at the "recommended amount" doesn't mean your body automatically knows how to handle that amount especially if you weren't coming close to it before. It will settle down eventually :)
  • cornfritter22
    cornfritter22 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I go every 30 minutes. I drink about a gallon of water every day, even though that's more than I need (supposedly). I just like it and I feel really thirstly all the time, especially at night. This hasn't been a concern for me, just a little annoying. Based on one of the posts above, maybe I should be concerned. Yikes, I don't want to be diabetic! I guess I'll ask my doctor next week when I see him.
  • licorice_tea
    licorice_tea Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    As long as you are voiding a reasonable amount of fluid each time you pee, it's just because you are drinking a lot of water. Your diet may contain more water than the average persons, and we do get a lot of fluid from food, so it's possible you are drinking more water than you need. Once every few hours doesn't sound extreme at all, though.

However, if you frequently feel the need to go, but only produce very small amounts of urine, you likely have a bladder issue that you should see a doctor for.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I'm nearly 37 weeks pregnant. Don't talk to me about having to pee lol.

Before I drank a lot of coffee and did find I peed less if I drank less coffee.

:laugh: And I'm on a water pill for my BP... so ditto lol.

OP, sounds normal but see a doc if you're really concerned. Remember that you don't necessarily have to drink a set amount of water, just enough. If your urine is clear, I'd say it's enough.
  • bumblebeez86
    bumblebeez86 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I go probably every hour during the day :drinker:
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Every few hours really isn't all that often, IMO. I do my best to drink a TON of water while I'm at work, so it's not uncommon for me to go even more often than that :) If you are worried about it, you could always go talk to your doctor, though.
  • nas061
    nas061 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Drink less. If your peeing a lot your body doesn't need the fluid. Your body has a perfectly adequate way of telling if you need fluid it's called thirst. The 8 glasses a day thing has no basis in science it's just a number plucked out of thin air.

^^^ this

Drinking extra water has no health benefit - it doesn't increase weight loss. Your body can't "get used to" drinking lots of fluid - if your body doesn't need it, it goes straight out again as pee.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    check the color. If it is pale, you are fine (on hydration) if clear, probably fine too, but you have wiggle room to back off a bit on the water, if it is yellow, drink more water. Peeing is usually a sign that you are flushing your system well, However, if you are doing it all the time even at night, might be symptom of something else. See your Dr. BTW _ Always have a good relationship - meaning regular visits - with your Dr.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    This isn't about weight but I had no idea where to put it. But I'm needing to pee all the time. I've always been fairly frequent, I started to drink a lot more due to dieting, so this may be it, but I don't see how drinking the recommended 8 glasses, could make me want to pee every few hours or more. I thought it was caffeine so I didn't drink any for a week and I still had the problem. Anyone experienced this?

8 glasses per day - well firstly it's 8 cups, as in the American volume unit, if you're drinking 8 large glasses of water a day that could explain all the peeing. Also, that's an average recommendation, how much you need varies according to the climate and activity levels. If it's quite cold where you live you probably don't need to drink 8 cups of water a day. So this alone could explain why you're peeing all the time.

If it's not that and drinking less water doesn't fix it, then see a doctor.