Knee pain is confusing me! help!

Options
Two months ago I tried doing INSANITY. Its a high intensity workout routine. I started having my right knee feel pain so I stopped and went to see an orthopedic. I got an X-Ray and an MRI and both came back perfect. They didn't know what was wrong. My knee pain completely went away and just about a week and half ago I started INSANITY again and the knee pain came back. I don't know what could be wrong. Could it be just joint strain or something bigger? Any ideas?

Replies

• TylerAvenger
    Options
    INSANITY must be tough on your knees.
  • mjudd1990
    mjudd1990 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Where exactly on your knee does it hurt? If the x-Ray and MRI cleared you of meniscal and ligament tears then it is more than likely due to a muscular problem. A good amount of knee pain can actually be chalked up to tight hamstrings and IT bands.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Patient: "Doc, every time I flap my arms like a chicken, my elbow hurts like crazy. What should I do?"

Doctor: "Stop flapping your arms like a chicken"
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    WebMD said it's knee cancer.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    WebMD said it's knee cancer.

Sorry to hear about your knee cancer OP
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Two months ago I tried doing INSANITY. Its a high intensity workout routine. I started having my right knee feel pain so I stopped and went to see an orthopedic. I got an X-Ray and an MRI and both came back perfect. They didn't know what was wrong. My knee pain completely went away and just about a week and half ago I started INSANITY again and the knee pain came back. I don't know what could be wrong. Could it be just joint strain or something bigger? Any ideas?

Maybe you are doing it with bad form? That would be my best guess. A doctor is not trained to pick up on that. A physiotherapist could help.

Either that or the impact or the exercises aren't good for your knees. You could try something different. In this circumstance, I would. Strengthening the muscles around your knee in a well balanced way (such as compound moves) is a good thing to do. Foam rolling the IT band helps also.
  • KatieMae75
    KatieMae75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Form is critical. Even something that seems simple, like one foot being slightly turned out, can cause problems. Where, specifically, does you knee hurt and what type of exercise are you involved in when the pain kicks in?