p90x3 start of block 3 (NO WEIGHT LOSS)

Options
I am on the first week of block 3 of the p90x3 workout and since the beginning i have not lost any weight. I have however lost about an 1 inch around the waist. I think i should be progressing a lot quicker. Does anybody have any experience in this? I am Male 5'11, 181.5 lbs and i feel i eat very clean. I measure everything i eat and usually hit my target goals on protein/carbs/fats. I was doing a 40/30/30 and and just changed it tonight to start trying 30/40/30. I feel i have gain some muscle mostly in the thighs and chest area but nothing on arms. I cannot for the life of me get rid of the belly fat. Often in the evening it looks like i gain weight as my stomach gets bloated it's really weird. What else can i say that would help i do run at least 2 times a week about 3 miles each time.

If anybody has any advice please let me know.

thanks

Replies

• markmacare
    markmacare Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hi, are you on the classic schedule or the lean schedule? I've heard others doing the lean schedule who didn't see the progress they were hoping for. Must say that I am quite happy with results of the classic schedule so far (block 3, week 3)
    I do see more definition in arms, but have started adding in P90X shoulders and arms in the past two weeks for more progress.

As for belly fat, do you eat back the calories you burn with the program? And how do you estimate/measure the burned calories?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    sorry you are not gaining muscle eating at a deficet.

Losing an inche is a good thing but if you want to lose fat around your belly you need that calorie deficet.

My only suggestion is to start weighing your food...perhaps take a look at your intake as it is a bit on the low side for a male.

I eat 1700 a day and lose about 3/4lb a week.

The only other thing I can suggest is start a progressive load heavy lifting program. I have found that is great for helping with definition...again tho you will not build muscle at a deficet what it will do however is help maintain the muscle mass you have and aid in building strength.
  • Radedj
    Radedj Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am currently eating 1960 calories a day. Both mypal and the p90x3 program
    Suggested eating 2400 calories. I already weigh my food so in less im doing something wrong i should have a deficit. I do notice
    Depending on the routine i burn anywhere from 250/450 calories which i find it to be low.

How many calories are you eating and burning?
  • Radedj
    Radedj Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I also im doing the classic program
  • markmacare
    markmacare Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You might want to drop your question here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1230057-p90x3-success-stories?hl=p90x3&page=2#posts-19334036

Many people in there seem to have been getting results. As for me, I eat 2050 (and eat my calories back), but I am in maintenance at 180 cm and 69 kg.

Regarding your burn, I put up similar numbers (measured using a Polar HRM)