Short Overweight Woman- Need help finding jeans!

Options
13»

Replies

• BARBnKS
    BARBnKS Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and have for years been wearing "Just My Size" and "Croft & Barrow". The most comfortable jeans, with pockets, elastic waist and lots of stretch. They have petite for the shorter women. I've found them at Wal Mart, Sears, K-Mart & Kohls and the price is very reasonable, $14 to $20 at Walmart & Kmart and for the same jeans they about 2 times the cost at Sears & Kohls.
  • michelle_816
    michelle_816 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I have had success with the Limited jeans. Pricey, and there are only a few styles that come in short, but they don't lose their shape throughout the day. I also love AE jeans! I bought a pair of skinny jeans this Fall and LOVE them. Never thought I would have been able to pull of a pair of skinny jeans but they fit so well and hold their shape. My other go to pair is one from J.Lo brand at Kohl's. I purchased online after reading reviews. Great fit, but they are starting to lose their shape... probably because I wear them so often :P
  • Karababy51
    Karababy51 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 5" and have very short legs. My favorite brand is the Levi's Signature series. They come in three lengths, short, medium and long. I started out with a big butt, hips and stomach, size 16 and the short size fit me perfectly. Now, my butt is just about non-existent, still have a larger stomach and wear a size 6. They still fit me nicely. They're available at Walmart, Meijer, JC Penney, Sears, K-Mart, Amazon and eBay. I've had good luck with Gloria Vanderbilt jeans as well. Good luck, hope you find some that fit! :)
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Good luck - I have been blessed by being short with a big butt and hips - and smaller waist. Doesn't matter what I've weighed (117 or 153) they are always too big in my waist by the time I get them over my butt and hips.

Best brand I got by with for years was Lee Riders - However, they have changed the cut on those too!

And forget length - I just have to hem them!

My issue exactly. And to make matters worse, I'm currently between sizes. 16s way too big, 14s too snug. I have cried going clothes shopping, the struggle is awful.
  • Looloobelle123
    Looloobelle123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    if you are in UK then try New Look, cheap jeans that fit well!
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I usually can find petite plus size jeans (and pants) at Lane Bryant, J.C. Penney and Kohls. Unfortunately Lane Bryant doesn't always carry short people stuff in the store, you have to order it online.
  • Jade0529
    Jade0529 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm tall so feel free to ignore me :) but I know Avon has stretch jeans and I think they have petite. You might have to cut off the bottom but the stretch should help for a variety of body shapes. hope that helps
  • miniwheatxoxo
    Options
    Maurices
  • jnb143
    jnb143 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    American Eagle
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and have for years been wearing "Just My Size" and "Croft & Barrow". The most comfortable jeans, with pockets, elastic waist and lots of stretch. They have petite for the shorter women. I've found them at Wal Mart, Sears, K-Mart & Kohls and the price is very reasonable, $14 to $20 at Walmart & Kmart and for the same jeans they about 2 times the cost at Sears & Kohls.
    I also buy the "Just my size" at Walmart and they fit perfectly (and they have a no-elastic waist option). It's good to know they also sell them at Sears and Kohls, because my local Walmart apparently doesn't carry them anymore. Thanks for sharing!
  • kmjoyner27
    Options
    I skimmed everyone's answers and just wanted to offer my experience since I am a jean hoarder! I am larger in the middle area so I love jeans that have some stretch to them as to not accentuate my love handles! I Love Torrid and they are pretty true to size. They don't stretch out, but are stretchy enough to be comfortable. They also offer length options. In skinny jeans I love Old Navy Rockstar skinny’s. They are super stretch and have a lot of give in the waist area so you can get away ordering a size down and they run a little short so they would probably be perfect for you. In bootcut and flair options I love Vigoss and Silver jeans. Both are super cute and flattering but maybe a little on the more expensive side, but most definitely worth it! Believe me I have tried every pair of plus size jeans in the world!
  • Sptfrgrl17
    Options
    so many replies! Thank you everybody!