struggling with exercise

Options
Anyone else really struggling with the crappy weather and exercising?

I like to swim (mornings - due to the fact i'm at work at 9am) and/or cycle - however it is currently miserable and dark and wet and i'm feeling really unmotivated to do any exercise at all.

Hoping the weather is nicer after the weekend and i get my bounce back :wink:

Elle

Replies

• Junctionbox
    Junctionbox Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Weather report is excellent for the weekend, so maybe you can get your bike out and enjoy the sunshine.
  • Romyarts2014
    Romyarts2014 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I live in europe and the weather had been beyond cold. expecially at night when its my favorite time to walk. I have got the flu at least 3 times the past month and its just horrible!! I wanted to go swimming as well but walking with wet hair is just asking for the flu.

My friends on here have been giving me wonderful advice. and at the end of the day you can do excercise anywere anyway. It dosent matter the weather, the atmosphere etc..

Do excercise videos in your home
    Walk maybe in the morning when its better weather
    Go to a gym indoors
    Do hard cleaning
    reorganize things until you sweat
    do yoga or meditation

theres so many things you can do indoors or anywere were the weather does not have to effect you. Im just learning that out, at the end of the day its a excuse your minds using against you not to excercise.
    Good job for pushing through it ! weight loss is hard, but its truely the most inlightning experience.

Goodluck
    And feel free to add me for motivation :)
  • anastasiadietitian
    anastasiadietitian Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Its really tough to stay motivated when Spring never seems to get here. I recently converted my desk at work to a standing desk to help burn extra calories and make up for lost time at the gym. This actually calculated out to quite a few extra calories burned per week.

You can read details about the calories/benefits of a standing desk on my blog: http://www.theprincessprescription.com/apps/blog/show/40597606-why-are-you-standing-

Definitely something I recommend if you're used to sitting at work. Talk about a lifestyle change :)