Day 1 - again :( need support!!!

Options
Hey everyone! I'm here again this time for the right reason - ME! I want to get healthy and lose the weight I've gained due to my compulsive over- eating. I know with the right support, I can do this. I'm terrified of doing it alone.
I really want to be part of a motivating community of like minded people. I hope someone out there will take me under their wings. I'm the heaviest I've ever been and have a long road to travel. I don't think I can go it alone.
Thanks for listening ;)

Replies

• KayBallin
    KayBallin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Sending you a friend request. :)
  • frauline_annie
    frauline_annie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it!! I just discovered MFP through some women friends at work. It really takes all of the guess work out of it. I'm definitely a binge eater when I get frustrated or angry. This provides some control. I plan my entire day of calories in the morning and as I exercise I see my deficit grow in the right direction. I'm almost having fun with it!

It doesn't matter how many times you've started before. Today's a new day and you're starting something for youself. GO FOR IT!!
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Hi well you've done the first bit which is owning the problem ive done this 4 times over and I am now close to my short term goal this is the longest ive stuck at it
  • anastasiadietitian
    anastasiadietitian Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good for you! We all have ups and downs with weight loss. I don't know too many people who are 100% consistent with healthy habits-- its all about turning things around before you get too far off track. Feel free to add me for support.

I'm a dietitian who writes a nutrtion blog about staying healthy while maintaining a fabulous social life (happy hour anyone?): http://www.theprincessprescription.com/apps/blog/

Even as a fully committed nutrition professional I am always working to find a healthy balance. I struggled with emotional eating for years with my weight fluctuating by about 30lbs. Awareness is the key to conquering emotional eating. We're all here for support along the way!
  • LizaGetz
    LizaGetz Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hey! I had Day 1 again yesterday, and now I'm on Day 2! I WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK!

"Failure is not falling down, it is not getting up again." - Mary Pickford

You can do this!
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Welcome - request sent!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Sending a friend request.
  • alyjb1121
    alyjb1121 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it!! I just discovered MFP through some women friends at work. It really takes all of the guess work out of it. I'm definitely a binge eater when I get frustrated or angry. This provides some control. I plan my entire day of calories in the morning and as I exercise I see my deficit grow in the right direction. I'm almost having fun with it!

It doesn't matter how many times you've started before. Today's a new day and you're starting something for youself. GO FOR IT!!

PORTION CONTROL!!! Seriously, this is the way to go, the reason I am becoming healthier. Portion control and accountability :D

To the OP, Welcome & good luck dear!
  • 86sarahb
    86sarahb Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've had a lot of day 1's, I'm hoping my next day 1 will be the last and that's going to be day 1 of maintaining.

Feel free to add me :smile:
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I'd be glad to help support and motivate! :happy:

Anyone else that would like to add me, feel free! :drinker:

:flowerforyou:
  • babydaisy81
    babydaisy81 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    FR sent!
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have had several day 1's myself. This last weekend was a big eye opener, I found out my 17 year old son's blood pressure is higher than normal. He is also overweight - which I hadn't really noticed because I see him everyday. I started again on Monday so I can be a better example to my son. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • jacie1205
    jacie1205 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your kindness and words of motivation and support!!! I exercised for the first time in I don't even know how many months!! Hope to keep it up! I forgot how great you feel afterwards!!!
    Thanks again everyone!!!
  • zzzaney1
    zzzaney1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    welcome!! I'm a recent 'back again' person too (one month). Fell off the wagon then the dang thing ran me over. This is a great group of people. I just ate a lunch that has about maxed out my daily calories but it's all good. Don't beat yourself up on minor setbacks it's not a race and we'll all get to the finish line :)

YOU GOT THIS!!
  • wpanderson
    wpanderson Posts: 194
    Options
    I had a lot of day 1's and started over and over again, but now I'm about 80 days in and 20 lbs down! You can do this! Feel free to add me! :)
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I exercised for the first time in I don't even know how many months!! Hope to keep it up! I forgot how great you feel afterwards!!!

The only workout you regret is the one you don't do. You got this!