Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Day 1 - again :( need support!!!

Hey everyone! I'm here again this time for the right reason - ME! I want to get healthy and lose the weight I've gained due to my compulsive over- eating. I know with the right support, I can do this. I'm terrified of doing it alone.
I really want to be part of a motivating community of like minded people. I hope someone out there will take me under their wings. I'm the heaviest I've ever been and have a long road to travel. I don't think I can go it alone.
Thanks for listening ;)

Replies

• KayBallin
    KayBallin Posts: 111 Member
    Welcome! Sending you a friend request. :)
  • frauline_annie
    frauline_annie Posts: 3 Member
    You CAN do it!! I just discovered MFP through some women friends at work. It really takes all of the guess work out of it. I'm definitely a binge eater when I get frustrated or angry. This provides some control. I plan my entire day of calories in the morning and as I exercise I see my deficit grow in the right direction. I'm almost having fun with it!

It doesn't matter how many times you've started before. Today's a new day and you're starting something for youself. GO FOR IT!!
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 683 Member
    Hi well you've done the first bit which is owning the problem ive done this 4 times over and I am now close to my short term goal this is the longest ive stuck at it
  • anastasiadietitian
    anastasiadietitian Posts: 19 Member
    Good for you! We all have ups and downs with weight loss. I don't know too many people who are 100% consistent with healthy habits-- its all about turning things around before you get too far off track. Feel free to add me for support.

I'm a dietitian who writes a nutrtion blog about staying healthy while maintaining a fabulous social life (happy hour anyone?): http://www.theprincessprescription.com/apps/blog/

Even as a fully committed nutrition professional I am always working to find a healthy balance. I struggled with emotional eating for years with my weight fluctuating by about 30lbs. Awareness is the key to conquering emotional eating. We're all here for support along the way!
  • LizaGetz
    LizaGetz Posts: 57 Member
    Hey! I had Day 1 again yesterday, and now I'm on Day 2! I WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK!

"Failure is not falling down, it is not getting up again." - Mary Pickford

You can do this!
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Welcome - request sent!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    You can do it! Sending a friend request.
  • alyjb1121
    alyjb1121 Posts: 186 Member
    You CAN do it!! I just discovered MFP through some women friends at work. It really takes all of the guess work out of it. I'm definitely a binge eater when I get frustrated or angry. This provides some control. I plan my entire day of calories in the morning and as I exercise I see my deficit grow in the right direction. I'm almost having fun with it!

It doesn't matter how many times you've started before. Today's a new day and you're starting something for youself. GO FOR IT!!

PORTION CONTROL!!! Seriously, this is the way to go, the reason I am becoming healthier. Portion control and accountability :D

To the OP, Welcome & good luck dear!
  • 86sarahb
    86sarahb Posts: 84 Member
    I've had a lot of day 1's, I'm hoping my next day 1 will be the last and that's going to be day 1 of maintaining.

Feel free to add me :smile:
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Welcome!

I'd be glad to help support and motivate! :happy:

Anyone else that would like to add me, feel free! :drinker:

:flowerforyou:
  • babydaisy81
    babydaisy81 Posts: 218 Member
    FR sent!
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 264 Member
    I have had several day 1's myself. This last weekend was a big eye opener, I found out my 17 year old son's blood pressure is higher than normal. He is also overweight - which I hadn't really noticed because I see him everyday. I started again on Monday so I can be a better example to my son. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • jacie1205
    jacie1205 Posts: 8 Member
    Thank you all for your kindness and words of motivation and support!!! I exercised for the first time in I don't even know how many months!! Hope to keep it up! I forgot how great you feel afterwards!!!
    Thanks again everyone!!!
  • zzzaney1
    zzzaney1 Posts: 3 Member
    welcome!! I'm a recent 'back again' person too (one month). Fell off the wagon then the dang thing ran me over. This is a great group of people. I just ate a lunch that has about maxed out my daily calories but it's all good. Don't beat yourself up on minor setbacks it's not a race and we'll all get to the finish line :)

YOU GOT THIS!!
  • wpanderson
    wpanderson Posts: 194
    I had a lot of day 1's and started over and over again, but now I'm about 80 days in and 20 lbs down! You can do this! Feel free to add me! :)
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    I exercised for the first time in I don't even know how many months!! Hope to keep it up! I forgot how great you feel afterwards!!!

The only workout you regret is the one you don't do. You got this!