Scales and a'weigh' days !!

Options
lozzatao
lozzatao Posts: 53 Member
Hi all !! Got weighed as part of a medical yesterday, then weighed myself today on my own scales and I had put on 3 lbs ... DOH !!! .. How often do you weigh yourself ????? And when ??? Cheers .. Have a great weekend and keep on logging !!! :)

Replies

• nitah1013
    nitah1013 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have the very bad habit of stepping on the scale every time I see it smh.....Yesterday I had to tell my roommate to take the scale and hide it and no matter how much I ask about it she is not allowed to give it to me until Thursday Evening/Friday Mornings.:frown:
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself whenever I feel like it, but always in the morning after my toilet round
  • bryant28408
    bryant28408 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    It's not surprising that you scales and those at the docs office are different. Neither is designed to be that precise. But it really doesn't matter. Don't be concerned with the actual number but with the trend over time. I weigh once a week naked. I don't get naked at the doctors office and so I know there will be some difference. I think I am like everyone else in that I love to sneek a peak at my weight a couple of extra times a week. This week I am refusing to do so. It only brings disappointment. Weigh at the same time every week and you'll be less obsessed with the actual number.
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    two sets of scales will most likely weigh differently so don't take it to heart :smile:
    i'm terrible with weighing myself, have to do it everyday, it used to really stress me out with the daily fluctuations, but now i record all my weigh ins on a phone app and only take notice of the average weight for the month, i'm happy with that (as long as it keeps going down lol) i could never be able to weigh just once a week, i've not got the willpower to stay off the scales
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    And what is the app you use to record your weight?
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    it's called weight control it's for the blackberry
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I try to weight myself every morning. It helps me keep on track and with the calorie counter I can see patterns to what I eat and how it affects me.
  • KatieMae75
    KatieMae75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I have two scales here at home and if I step on one, it will tell me I weigh 4 lbs more than the other. You also have to keep in mind that weight can fluctuate by up to 5 pounds in a single day! You'll get different results depending on what time of day it is, how much you've eaten, hydration level, etc... The best thing you can do for your sanity is limit weighing yourself to a maximum of once a week. Use the same scale each time, and do it at the same time of day each week.
  • lozzatao
    lozzatao Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone .. all a great help .. one set of scales .. once a week on the same day !!! Got it !