Favorite "healthy" thing to order at a Fast Food Restaurant?

Options
124»

Replies

• Jenjenthejetplane1
    Options
    Well ya'll had some good options and some.....not...so good options I wouldn't consider a cheeseburger & fries healthy but thanks lol.

I ended up getting a oven roasted chicken sub from subway loaded with veggies on wheat bread. Best I could do.
  • IsaTexDesigner
    IsaTexDesigner Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Burger King Tendergrill chicken sandwich w/o dressing, and a side salad.
  • Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    A burger or chicken sandwich just avoid the fries.
  • kimazoo
    kimazoo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Soup or salad at Panera. Veggie bowl at Qdoba & Chipoltle. Oatmeal from McDonads (they serve it all day long). Veggie sub from Subway without cheese (I'm allergic to dairy). Those are my go-to places when I have to grab something quickly.
  • tink11464
    tink11464 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Grilled Chicken Nuggets from Chickfila - yummmyyyy
  • tink11464
    tink11464 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I don't cook - so I eat fast food every night for dinner - - I usually get one of the following:

* The new Grilled chicken nuggets from Chickfila
    * Spicy chicken caeser salad from Wendy's (I swap the chicken out for grilled and use their avocado ranch dressing - no croutons)
    * If macros allow - double cheeseburger from McDonald's

Of course if macros allow I can eat anything - but these are usually my "go to" dinners
  • alaskamatteson
    alaskamatteson Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I love the flatbread pizzas at Subway, but I'm not sure if Subway really counts as fast food.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Qdobas Double Meat (chicken breast) burrito with no cheese and no sour cream, but extra pico de gallo.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Wendy's has a new salad that is super good...Asian Cashew Chicken. It has spinach, lettuce, edamame, arugula, red pepper and of course chicken and cashews. The full size is huge and 380 cal including 2 dressing packets.

I usually go with their baked potato but that salad was awesome.

This salad was pretty good, but I like the Apple Pecan Chicken salad with Blue Cheese - half size is fine unless you're a big guy. On a day when I really feel like a treat I ask for extra blue cheese lol. You can also do a good cheap meal there by getting a baked potato, small chili to put on top & a side green salad. These last two meals are under 6 bucks.
  • bonnymom
    bonnymom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Subway - Any of the under 6 grams of fat 6"
    Taco Johns - Beef Taco Salad
    Taco Bell - Crunchy Tacos (170 cals with cheese or 150 fresco style)
    Panda Express - Bowl with 1/2 veggies 1/2 steamed brown rice with Mushroom Chicken (or any wok smart)
    Wendy's - Small Chili (no cheese) and Baked Potato (sooooo filling!)
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Well ya'll had some good options and some.....not...so good options I wouldn't consider a cheeseburger & fries healthy but thanks lol.

Double Whopper with cheese is 52 grams of protein, 65 grams of fat, and 53 grams of carb. Sounds pretty healthy to me.
  • idgelee
    idgelee Posts: 1
    Options
    Panera has a 'hidden menu' of low carb low cal bowls that fit well into everyday diet.

My favorite is their breakfast power steak and egg (with avocado and tomato) bowl. Though the chicken and hummus with spinach, tomato, onion is amazing as well.

If I can't get to a panera (the nearest one is by work not by home) then I hit up wendy's. I order the ultimate chicken grill with no sauce, and a side salad. Unless I need the carbs, I ditch the bun, put the chicken and such on the salad and eat like that. If I need the fat (depending on macros) then I add a bit of italian dressing to it.

I also opt for a run in to the grocery store if I'm in a hurry (most drive through lines take a while, and 10 minutes in the grocery store can wind up giving you better results than 20 minutes waiting in line at MacGreaseKing). Beef or Turkey Jerky, an apple, and some cheese. If the deli is good there's usually something healthy and pre-packaged that's grab and go.

I also love the Bolthouse Farms Chocolate double protein bottles (keep in mind there's 2 servings in the one bottle usually) and I'll drink that to tide me over until I can get to a kitchen.