Why am I not losing weight?!

13»

Replies

• siouxsie3278
    siouxsie3278 Posts: 17 Member
    Keep in mind every body is different and what works for some, doesn't work for others. It can get confusing and add to the frustration. If you are able to, make an appointment with your doctor, a nutritionist, personal trainer or other professional so they can focus on you as an individual!
  • Are you using a HRM?

No, I just take the average calories burned (comparing the actual cardio machine at the gym to what MFP says) and then I take a number a little lower than that.
  • jkowula
    jkowula Posts: 447
    Sorry to beat a dead horse here but it is so true. Time time and time. Patience. It has taken me 5 months to see substantial progress. I still have a ways to go and I have a mindset that it will take another 7 months. Seems like an eternity , but you need to make changes for life, there is no quick fix, well unless you want to ride a stationary bike wearing garbage bags in a sauna. You can cut weight that way, but uh no. So just keep sticking with what you are doing. Make sure you know exactly how many calories are going into your body and it will work, just keep doing it. Time will pass anyways so why not keep hard at it. You will see results and I am living proof of that. If a fat lazy old guy like me can do it, anyone can....
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    It's not always how many calories, but what your body decides to burn and store. If you eat carbs (including fruit) prior to exercise your body reacts with insulin, which tells your body to store fat . I was a fruit a holic, and my Dr. suggested more lean protein and vegetables, and to cut the fruits and carbs to lower insulin response. Best bet HIIT on an empty stomach, and fruit only immediately after working out. It worked for me. I understand result may vary, but based on your diary, it is a place you may try to make changes. I know it's a little more scientifically complicated than my explanation, but listening to my Dr. explain it made perfect sense, and it worked.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    I looked at your diary and I saw a couple of things. You seem to have a lot of sodium which can cause water retention. I can't really tell if you are eating at a deficit because you are not using a food scale. I completely understand your fears but I highly encourage you to get one and weigh all of your solid food. Most of your days it does not look like you are eating enough but it's really hard to tell to give you objective feedback. For example, a medium apple can range anywhere from 80-160 grams in weight, I don't know the calorie difference right off the top of my head but it adds up quickly.

For as much exercise as you are doing you need to eat enough to fuel your body. You can to in and set your macros manually by going to goals and choose custom instead of guided.

You eat a lot of fruit which is where I think most of your carbs are coming from. This IMO is not bad as I don't think of any food as good or bad. But may try adding some more veggies and lean protein. I did just quickly skim your diary though so I could have missed things (you can correct me).

And let me reiterate what several others have said, read the guide to sexy pants and all it's links, and you're probably eating more than your think. Here's another good link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013

It's really hard to give you specific advice until you know exactly what you are eating.

Congratulations on reducing the smoking!!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Its a slow process,But dont give up,I have a tip!If you are strength training and eating well and also cardio,You need to measure not weigh,Because as you build muscle and loose fat,Your weight could stay the same,But you are toning,And thats what you want!And Muscle does weigh more than fat!
  • Joji_Bean
    Joji_Bean Posts: 18 Member
    Hey there! I don't think you are eating enough! 1200 calories per day is not enough, especially with working out 6 days per week and if you aren't eating any of those burned calories back. Try for 1500 calories per day and weigh yourself once per week. Good luck!
  • I looked at your diary and I saw a couple of things. You seem to have a lot of sodium which can cause water retention. I can't really tell if you are eating at a deficit because you are not using a food scale. I completely understand your fears but I highly encourage you to get one and weigh all of your solid food. Most of your days it does not look like you are eating enough but it's really hard to tell to give you objective feedback. For example, a medium apple can range anywhere from 80-160 grams in weight, I don't know the calorie difference right off the top of my head but it adds up quickly.

For as much exercise as you are doing you need to eat enough to fuel your body. You can to in and set your macros manually by going to goals and choose custom instead of guided.

You eat a lot of fruit which is where I think most of your carbs are coming from. This IMO is not bad as I don't think of any food as good or bad. But may try adding some more veggies and lean protein. I did just quickly skim your diary though so I could have missed things (you can correct me).

And let me reiterate what several others have said, read the guide to sexy pants and all it's links, and you're probably eating more than your think. Here's another good link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013

It's really hard to give you specific advice until you know exactly what you are eating.

Congratulations on reducing the smoking!!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I don't eat breakfast until after my work out, I'm never hungry in the morning, so my breakfast is after my workout. Usually a fruit smoothie (I add spinach and carrots sometimes depending on what else I'm putting in my shake) and I include a protein powder meal replacing mix. I do eat a lot of fruit, after reading your response I do realize I should be eating more veggies. It's hard to grocery shop for one person with fruits and vegetables because they go bad so fast! My boyfriend does not eat many fruits and veggies.
  • I appreciate all the feedback! Thanks to everyone! I hope I can find the right "diet" plan that works for me. I guess patience is a virtue!