What are some good recipes with Ground chicken?

Options
bowlofpeaches
bowlofpeaches Posts: 59 Member
I have some ground chicken defrosting, and i've never seen ground chicken before, so I thought i'd give it a try. Anyone got any good recipes? :)

Replies

• cpcoursec
    cpcoursec Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Cilantro Chicken Burgers

1 pound ground chicken

1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro

1 tablespoon soy sauce

1 tablespoon garlic powder

1 teaspoon lime juice (optional)

1 teaspoon ground ginger

1 tablespoon ground black pepper

cooking spray

hamburger buns

1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and sliced (optional)

1/4 cup ranch dressing, or to taste (optional)
  • TatianaSoe
    TatianaSoe Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I also had ground chicken today, I made this for dinner:

http://chaosinthekitchen.com/2008/07/quick-chinese-chicken-lettuce-wraps/
  • michelefm1l
    michelefm1l Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I use ground chicken to replace beef in tacos sometimes. Mixes it up for a different taste.
  • BearSmile
    BearSmile Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Saw this recipe earlier today.

Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf

http://thefithousewife.com/2012/03/chicken-parmesan-meatloaf.html/

1 lb lean ground chicken (or turkey)
    1 egg white
    1/4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
    1/2 tsp each dried thyme, basil, and oregano
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
    1/4 tsp each sea salt and ground pepper
    2 Tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
    1/2 cup of your favorite low-fat pasta sauce
    1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

Instructions

Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly coat a loaf pan with olive oil spray (I always use my Misto)

In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, egg white, bread crumbs, thyme, basil, oregano, garlic, onion, salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese.

Place the combined mixture into your prepared loaf pan.

Pour your pasta sauce on top of the loaf and bake in the oven for 45 minutes.

Remove meatloaf from oven and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top. Place back in the oven and bake until cheese melts (about 10 more minutes.)

Remove meatloaf from the oven and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
  • simona815
    simona815 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    This sounds really yummy. Thanks for sharing.
  • LDBianca
    LDBianca Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I use ground chicken in my jambalaya. I use the Zatarain's Jambalaya Mix and it's really nice and simple. Just cook the chicken the mix and cook as directed.

Here is a recipe I'm trying tomorrow for General Tso's chicken made with ground chicken.

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2013/04/general-tsos-meatballs-low-carb-gluten-free.html

I'll let you know how it turns out!
  • hig17
    hig17 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers Recipe

7PointsPlus Value

Prep time: 15 min
    Cook time: 16 min
    Other time: 0 min
    Serves: 4

Olives, roasted peppers and feta add great flavor to these burgers. Complete your meal with our light Greek Salad.*

Ingredients
    1 pound(s) uncooked extra lean ground chicken breast
    1 Tbsp fresh oregano
    1/4 tsp garlic powder
    7 Tbsp feta cheese, crumbled
    4 item(s) reduced calorie hamburger roll(s)
    1 cup(s) (chopped) lettuce, romaine, cut into thick strips
    2/3 cup(s) roasted red peppers (packed in water), sliced
    5 small olive(s), black, sliced
    Instructions

Preheat grill or broiler.

In a medium bowl, combine chicken, oregano, garlic powder and feta; divide mixture into four balls and then press them gently into patties.

Grill or broil patties until internal temperature of burgers reaches 165°F, about 7 to 8 minutes per side.

Serve each burger on a bun with 1/4 of lettuce, 1/4 of peppers and 1/4 of olives. Yields 1 burger per serving.

THESE ARE AHHH-MAZING! I know it is a WW recipe but its searchable under google. Enjoy!
  • hig17
    hig17 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers Recipe

7PointsPlus Value

Prep time: 15 min
    Cook time: 16 min
    Other time: 0 min
    Serves: 4

Olives, roasted peppers and feta add great flavor to these burgers. Complete your meal with our light Greek Salad.*

Ingredients
    1 pound(s) uncooked extra lean ground chicken breast
    1 Tbsp fresh oregano
    1/4 tsp garlic powder
    7 Tbsp feta cheese, crumbled
    4 item(s) reduced calorie hamburger roll(s)
    1 cup(s) (chopped) lettuce, romaine, cut into thick strips
    2/3 cup(s) roasted red peppers (packed in water), sliced
    5 small olive(s), black, sliced
    Instructions

Preheat grill or broiler.

In a medium bowl, combine chicken, oregano, garlic powder and feta; divide mixture into four balls and then press them gently into patties.

Grill or broil patties until internal temperature of burgers reaches 165°F, about 7 to 8 minutes per side.

Serve each burger on a bun with 1/4 of lettuce, 1/4 of peppers and 1/4 of olives. Yields 1 burger per serving.

THESE ARE AHHH-MAZING! I know it is a WW recipe but its searchable under google. Enjoy!

Opps forgot to tell you the name, Feta Stuffed Chicken Burgers!
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    If you like Indian food I use this recipe to cook ground turkey, ground chicken or ground mutton(mutton is an Indian vocabulary for goat meat)

For Garam Masala pwder in the recipe I use Shan Meat Masala or shan Kheema Masala (Kheema means Ground Meat in India)

http://sanjeevkapoor.com/keema-matar.aspx
  • zilfig64
    zilfig64 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Cilantro Chicken Burgers
    1 pound ground chicken
    1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
    1 tablespoon soy sauce
    1 tablespoon garlic powder
    1 teaspoon lime juice (optional)
    1 teaspoon ground ginger
    1 tablespoon ground black pepper
    cooking spray
    hamburger buns
    1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and sliced (optional)
    1/4 cup ranch dressing, or to taste (optional)

Good receipe! I use ground chicken in place of ground beef in just about every receipe - is great in tacos, burritos, and if you like Thai Food is great in Thai salads.

Note for cpcoursec: Avatar pic taken at Rogue Brewery - Newport Bayfront!
  • nellyett
    nellyett Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Super easy ground chicken chili:

- Brown 2 packages of ground chicken with half diced onion

- throw into crockpot with

1 can crushed tomatoes (low sodium if you like),
    1 small jar of salsa,
    1 can rinsed kidney beans, and
    1 package chili seasoning.

- cook on low for 8 hours.

easy peasy! I make this a lot!
  • LDBianca
    LDBianca Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I’m back!

I tried the General Tso’s chicken balls and they were SO GOOD! I was actually amazed how well they turned out considering the raw ground chicken mixed with the rest of the ingredients looked horrible.

I made a few adjustments to the recipe from the website. Instead of xanthan gum I used ground flax seed and I used low carb tortilla crumbs instead of almond flour. What I did was baked the tortillas at a low temperature in the oven until they were stiff; then I put them into my blender and made bread crumbs out of it (worked way better than I could have hoped).

I would recommend doubling the sauce recipe since it was only just enough. I added a little bit more soy sauce and sesame oil than the recipe calls for as well. The sauce by itself will not taste super amazing but once you put it on the meatballs the flavors all complement each other very well.

When I cooked the meatballs I was worried since the ground chicken wouldn’t really form into balls – it was way too mushy so I added a little bit more of my low carb tortilla crumbs. It was still mushy but I threw them into the frying pan with a little bit of oil anyway and it worked despite my worrying. I browned all the sides of the meatballs so that they had a nice crisp outside. I then threw them on a baking tray and into the oven at 200C for 20 minutes.

After 20 minutes I tossed them in the sauce and served them up. I will absolutely make this again!

Here is the link again in case you want to give it go!

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2013/04/general-tsos-meatballs-low-carb-gluten-free.html

~Laura
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    I really dislike ground turkey so I used ground chicken instead. I pretty much use it for the same things that I would use ground beef for on the days that I don't want to use ground beef!

Spaghetti sauce, meatloaf, meatballs, chili, tacos, etc etc. Love it!
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I make quick meatballs with a pack of ground chicken, some dried oregano, some garlic powder, some parmesan or romano cheese, and just enough breadcrumbs to make them bind together. Then I either add them raw to soup or bake them to add to tomato sauce.

I also like chicken burgers. I mix dijon mustard and worcestershire sauce with the meat, add some black pepper, and shape into patties that I cook on my George Foreman grill then top with cheese.