Chrstimas Weight Loss Challenge!!!

Options
Hi All,

I have found myself already GAINING weight this holiday season after a summer of working hard to lose it! Ahh! So I want to set up a challenge. Instead of trying not to gain weight this holiday, I challenge you to LOSE weight!

Would anyone like to join me in the challenge. I am going to weigh in on Mondays and check in every now and then on how I;m dealing with the temptations of the holidays as well as the challenge of holiday parties.

Who's with me?!

Replies

• reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'm up for it!

12/13/2010
    SW: 216.8
  • trinitydaks
    Options
    Sure - I"ll join you.

Started new routing on Tuesday... (day before work christmas party) - so far so good....

Now to remember to login on Monday's !!

Dani
    :smile:
  • kclare
    Options
    me too
  • rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hurray for losing weight during the holidays!
    Im totally in for that one!
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I'm up for it! These everyday goodies are driving me crazy at work!! I could use the accountability! :D Great idea!!
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I'll go for it... please count me in. My weigh in day is Tuesday but, at times, I check in on Friday too. Have been staying on track, daily, since November 16th and will continue right through the holidays.
  • happy_heather121
    happy_heather121 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm excited that you are joining me! My starting weight is 134. I'm up 6lbs from this summer! Ahhh! Today was my last day of school (i'm a first grade teacher) and there were parties and goodies galore! I ate a cupcake today and had some hot cocoa. Other than that, soup for lunch, fruit for a snack... dinner will probably be soup again. Not too bad. Tomorrow and Sunday are christmas parties for me. Yikes! Wish me well!
  • Jonesie1984
    Options
    Everyday at my work there has been some sort of cookies/sees candie something i'm sure the devil put here to ruin me! lol. I've been keeping a sugar free pudding and mill roasted flaxseed in my drawer to get me through. It curbs my chocolate craving and it's only 80 cals! Wish me luck!!! Oh! And i started at 186# now down to 180!! :) 2 pounds a week :) and finally, almost reluctantly i have added exercise to the regiment. I actually feel better.
  • happy_heather121
    happy_heather121 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hey Jonesie, Good for you for keeping the snacks for you to snack on instead of the cookies :) And congrats on the weight loss. I weighed myseld Monday and there was no change :(. In this stage of weight loss I feel like this happens to me a lot and I try not to let it get me down... but it still does, you know?
    "
    I have been working out everyday and eating right, for the MOST part. The Most is what is hurting me I think. I have still been "rewarding myself" with holiday treats for a hard days work. Ha! Isn't that counter productive?

I wonder how everyone else is doing?
  • Jonesie1984
    Options
    Happy i know what you mean so I had to get away from it. Now I purposely separate myself from those snacking cause I know myself.. I love junk food lol. But I had realized I was even going a little overboard on the 100 calorie packs. Eating 2 because they're 100 cals is probably not good either! lol. So now they're a sometimes food.. Plus, i lost 1.4 pds over Christmas! Hooray for not gaining! I'm trying to be very consistent with my working out this week (my goal is 5 times this week) because i know i'm gonna be drinking new years eve and that's nothing but empty cals.. Gotta splurge sometimes. :) Just stay on it.. maybe you're building muscle. I know i've seen my waist come in and my arms less jiggly and it's only been 7 lbs. :)