19 pounds down - almost 1/2 way to goal - pics!

Options
MelisaBegins
MelisaBegins Posts: 161 Member
After I finished 30-Day Shred (plus picking running back up) last month, I posted progress pics and this story:

I am the poster child for "Use It or Lose It". When I was turning 30, I gave myself an IronMan distance triathlon as a gift to myself. I had already completed 6 marathons so decided to enter my 30's with a big accomplishment under my belt. I was in the best shape of my life.

That was 10 years ago.

Enter a busy career, having a child, lots of date nights with the hub eating a lot of food and drinking a lot of wine, and here I am, almost 40. I stepped on the scale on January 6th and saw the highest (non-pregnant) weight of my life. I can't go back and change the last 10 years, but I can take charge of NOW and that's what I'm trying to do. So, here goes!

Starting weight (1/6/14) = 173.6
Current weight (2/28/14) = 159.6
Goal weight (by 40th birthday, 9/14) = 135

I just completed the Ripped in 30 program today (also Jillian Michaels) + running 4 miles most days, and am now at 154.6.

I can't say that I see a lot of difference between last month to this month, but I'm going to keep on working at it!

10ynsex.jpg

23kufb9.jpg

351z72x.jpg

mt2sz6.jpg

nzrhjp.jpg

Replies

• urban_ninja
    urban_ninja Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Melisa, you rock girl! I see a big difference here! The back folds are gone, flatter tummy, and a whole-lotta booty popping! You're doing great bud. YOU LOOK MARVELOUS! :love:
  • sshan165
    sshan165 Posts: 1
    Options
    Awesome Job! Way to go!
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I think that the last two pictures of each set show improvement in your legs.
    Congratulations on the results of all that hard work!
  • DallasSusan
    DallasSusan Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I've lost 19 pounds too, although I turned 60 rather than 40. I lost weight primarily through changes in what I eat. I cut way back on anything made from wheat and corn and started eating more fish. I've always eaten lots of veggies, so that stayed the same. What dietary changes did you make?

Wow. Your figure looks great! I'm trying to figure out age-appropriate exercises to do, especially gentle strength training to retain muscle. Any suggestions?

Whatever you're doing, keep up the good work!
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    No more back rolls...YAY!!!!!!!!
  • dschassie
    dschassie Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I think you are looking great and you can definitely see a huge improvement in the legs. Way to go!
  • ceciliaruns
    ceciliaruns Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I see a huge difference, the lighting is probably affecting the 2nd and 3rd photos, but I see a change for sure!! You are well on your way to becoming the lean, mean triathlon machine you once were!!! I know all too well how life can get in the way of our goals!!! Congrats!!! :)
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    I see a huge difference! Especially because I'm at about your weight and my goal is 140..so I know where to look to see the differences :)
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss!! You look great!!
  • MelisaBegins
    MelisaBegins Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I've lost 19 pounds too, although I turned 60 rather than 40. I lost weight primarily through changes in what I eat. I cut way back on anything made from wheat and corn and started eating more fish. I've always eaten lots of veggies, so that stayed the same. What dietary changes did you make?

Wow. Your figure looks great! I'm trying to figure out age-appropriate exercises to do, especially gentle strength training to retain muscle. Any suggestions?

Whatever you're doing, keep up the good work!

Thank you so much for your kind words! As for dietary changes, I haven't changed much, except that I am really watching portions and minding my macros. As a family, we eat pretty healthy already, but I was WAY overindulging in sweets and wine, especially on the weekends. I have cut alcohol out 100% except for my one "free" meal per week, which is usually Saturday night.

For exercise, I am a big fan of using my own body for resistance + basic "old school" moves with some dumbbells. Some examples are push-ups, squats, wall sits, lunges with bicep curls, chair dips for your triceps, etc. I love reading all about heavy lifting on MFP, and love my heavy-lifting MFP pals, but right now I am taking one thing at a time. Going from sedentary to what I do now was a huge step, and it's a place to start that I'm feeling good about.

Best of luck to you, and congrats on your loss too!!
  • gettingsexy94
    gettingsexy94 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I'm so proud of you! Your results are great, and JM is badass :D Your abs are showing! Wow!
    Totally jealous and inspired at the same time :)
    Oh and I just realised that we have similar body shapes! My shape is a lot like ur first pic.

You look great! Also, we have similar goals! XD

So motivating! You're doing fantastic!
    What are you going to do next? Now that the 30DS and RI30 are completed :)

:)xx
  • Davidhbx
    Davidhbx Posts: 13
    Options
    Such an inspiration to us simply awesome..........
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Great progress! Can definitely see a big change in your composition!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Great progress, well done!

And I'm loving the nice clear comparison pics :smile:
  • tropicaltiger
    Options
    awesome job-you can see difference is photo-keep up the great work:smile:
  • AusEliza
    AusEliza Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    SO awesome. You look great.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!