Anyone ever heard of this?

Options

Replies

• AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    OH a friend of mine was telling me about that! She was going to read a book about it but don't know if she ever did.
  • jeesa
    jeesa Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My dad has followed this diet for years. He's down to his high school weight of 130 after being almost 400. He lost all that within the first year and has maintained it for 4 years now.

Also the guy that trains the models for the annual Victorias Secret show (the one with the wings around Christmas) puts his models on this diet about a month or so before the show.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Sounds a little hinky to me, but , if it works for you, go for it.
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I had not heard of it at all but took a look and the one for blood type A. Some of it made sense. A lot of the foods on the allowed list are what I'm doing now anyway. Some of the disallowed fish choices are the only ones I either like or can tolerate. Cannot stand strong fishy-smell stuff nor the ones with all those tiny little soft white bones.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I'm with roaddog, i prefer not to live on rabbit. but if it works and you have the dicipline then all the power to ya.
  • mirenner
    mirenner Posts: 205
    Options
    dont know if i could get used to the taste of blood... buy ill try it ;)
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    Thats very interesting actually, some of the stuff that they say my blood type is not supposed to eat actually bother my tummy. Hmmm. Thanks for the info.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Also the guy that trains the models for the annual Victorias Secret show (the one with the wings around Christmas) puts his models on this diet about a month or so before the show.

This can't be true. We all know Victoria Secret models don't eat! :laugh: :wink:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I have the book, Eat Right 4 Your Blood Type. Along with the Oxidation test, it actually makes sense. Many of us thrive on meat, we feel strongest when we eat more protein. Some feel great on grains and more carbs; that why many people enjoy being vegetarian. The difference isn't just from our personal preference. It goes deeper than that. It starts with our blood type. I'm a type O blood and a fast oxidizer, I thrive on more protein. People really should take the time to open their minds and realize that there is more to each of us than what we may think.
  • pinkybutterflybaby
    Options
    Humpf, it said the biggest factor for weight gain for my type..are the food i rarely eat or most like can't tolerate..lol..and i dont want to live on rabbit either :/ Food not allowed: turtle...do people eat turtles now??! I clearly am unaware of that :/ But if it works for you, go for it..
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I am just thinking....if what you are doing already works then why not do it? I have seen diets for shape, age, and now blood type. People will come up with anything to make money and one thing they will always make money on is helping people lose weight because these schemes help you lose weight but then you gain it all back so you try something else. The only thing that is really going to gaurantee results is burning more than what you take in. It is a lifestyle, not a diet.
  • JLeeAlton
    Options
    Just curious to see what people had to say. A woman at work told me about this just today so I wanted to post it up to see what people thought. As sad or funny as it is.. I don't know my blood type (but will be finding it out soon). I am just curious to see what it says about me. Don't think I would actually do something like this but I thought it was interesting.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I'm skeptical. I did a little digging on this and turned up nada in the way of research confirming it. If it was backed up by research, I think it would be a lot more popular than it is. Also his talk about lectins isn't ever mentioned in my nutrition texts, and most research has found that Blood type specific Lectins are not found in the food humans eat at all (except in the exception of Lima Beans for some reason).

RE:

Els J.M. Van Damme, Willy Peumans, Arpad Pusztai, and Susan Bardocz. The Handbook of Plant Lectins: Properties and Biomedical Applications. New York, John Wiley & Sons, 1998.
  • musclebuilder
    musclebuilder Posts: 324 Member
    Options

Yes I have. By Dr. Peter DÁdamo..Matt Carey who is a Pro bodybuilder used this diet for his contest preperation for his recent shows and said the book is a good read and the science behind it was compelling enough that he felt it was worth a shot..Mind you BB will try just about anything to come in to a show in their best condition possible. Personally I have only read some light reading on the subject but if nothing else it seems like an interesting read and may give you some new perspectives about nutrition.
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I tried the diet years ago - I had to go and donate blood first to find out my blood group type first though - I'm A+ so according to the book eat more carbs than protein. This to me made sense as I love pasta, rice, bread potatoes etc - and eat very little protein. I can't remember and I'm not scientific but eating less and exercising more is the only thing that works in the long run.

The best thing about the blood group diet was the fact that I started donating blood and still do now - and if you weigh in after giving blood you weigh at least 1lb less!!!!!!
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    Umm, no peanuts, avocados, shellfish, lentils, CHICKEN, buckwheat? Hahah I'd honestly give this a go, but I'm forbidden from half of go to foods. I'd honestly never hit my daily calories without avocados and shrimp lol.
  • nmpresto
    nmpresto Posts: 157
    Options
    I'm skeptical. I did a little digging on this and turned up nada in the way of research confirming it. If it was backed up by research, I think it would be a lot more popular than it is. Also his talk about lectins isn't ever mentioned in my nutrition texts, and most research has found that Blood type specific Lectins are not found in the food humans eat at all (except in the exception of Lima Beans for some reason).

RE:

Els J.M. Van Damme, Willy Peumans, Arpad Pusztai, and Susan Bardocz. The Handbook of Plant Lectins: Properties and Biomedical Applications. New York, John Wiley & Sons, 1998.

Thanks for the research based answer, I was going to look into it and see if I could find any research on it but you did the work for me :)
  • jeesa
    jeesa Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    www.dadamo.com
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    Woah...I'm supposed to be vegetarian! I've actually recently given up pork and have considered giving up more meats slowly! STRANGE!