Out of Calories?

Options
Hi! I have run out of calories per the day, but I still need to eat dinner! I am new to this whole weight loss thing so I HATE going over my goal. I officially tried to start today. I eat roughly 1500 calories per day PLUS my exercise calories back because I only have about 5-10 lbs. to lose.

What are your thoughts? How can I feel full but eat a small amount of food?

Thanks!

Replies

• qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    chicken breast. brocolli. cauliflower. mmm
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have run out of calories per the day, but I still need to eat dinner! I am new to this whole weight loss thing so I HATE going over my goal. I officially tried to start today. I eat roughly 1500 calories per day PLUS my exercise calories back because I only have about 5-10 lbs. to lose.

Thanks!

Depends on what you are eating...protien helps keep you fuller longer...

Try prelogging...maybe not everything to start but at least some then you can play with the numbers to work your food in.

As for today...eat something...esp if you haven't had dinner...choose wisely...lean protien and veggies are good...one day isn't going to kill your efforts and learn from today...
  • svetzza
    svetzza Posts: 7
    Options
    Baby carrots, apples, and cucumbers!
  • svetzza
    svetzza Posts: 7
    Options
    Or eat protein, we don't gain on protein.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

???? :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • browingfirearms
    Options
    eat some thing if you dont you may binge (spelled wrong ) you only got a little to lose going over one day is not the end of the world but DO NOT MAKE IT A HABIT :smooched:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

lolwut???

Protein has calories. You gain on calories if you are over your TDEE.
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Eat something that is healthy and not high in cals, I'm a little over 1 or 2 days a week but I pay for it by staying under my NET (as needed) is the weekly "average" what matters not a single day ;)
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options

I would like to live in this reality please.... Can we not gain on fats too? Then I could eat my cheesy ham rolls all the time! Yummmmy
    :drinker:
  • Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options

Thanks!

Have a salad, educate yourself on the calories of foods you eat. plan ahead your meals.
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I think it is more important in the beginning to get good at logging and tracking in the beginning than actually losing. Do what you can, but don't worry if the number is red, or if you go over by only a little.

Once you get the hang of it, you can go over your food diary and tighten things up.

I think you will be better served in the long run if you develop good food tracking habits now.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    have your diner tonight and plan better in the future.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    chicken breast. brocolli. cauliflower. mmm

Yep. Lean protein and some veg will fill up at low cal.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Do what you have to today, but start planning your meals ahead of time to avoid this problem. Pre-log your foods so you know what you can eat and you can spread it out throughout the day instead of eating it all before dinner.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Well, first of all, you don't necessarily have to eat dinner. Nothing bad will happen other than you might feel hungry. I can understand that might not be all that comfortable, but it's one way to not go over.

If you want to eat something, go for high protein and/or some fibrous veggies. They'll fill you up and aren't worth many calories.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

BFSi8pU.jpg