Need basic advice if anyone can help? Pwetty Pweese..? :)

Options
I have just started swimming, and have been told by my instructor that I am a very strong 'textbook' swimmer. I have been swimming 4 hours a week for the last 4 weeks and have also started running for around 90 minutes a week.

I want to add in walking once or twice a week for say 30 minutes and I started a dumbbell exercise set tonight which lasted around 20 minutes by completing 10 reps of 16 different sets.

I have around 4 stone to lose in total and know that this isnt going to be a quick change and my diet will certainly need a MAJOR overhaul but I was looking for someone to tell me if what I have listed above would be sufficient weekly exercise levels to lose weight seriously?

Thank you in advance.

I really appreciate feedback as I know these sort of questions can be very irritating.

(To add, I am approximately 14 stone 9 at the moment or 205lbs at the moment, looking to be realistically nearer say..... 11 stone or 154lbs)

Thank you <3

Elaine xx

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    All you need to lose weight is a calorie deficit.

So yes, all of the exercise you do is sufficient. If you want to do less, that works too.
  • holliekinch
    holliekinch Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Any movement you do will kick start your weight loss journey!! If you start finding it too easy try to make swimming or the running slightly harder each week to keep yourself working hard!! Good luck :)
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    ^This.

Log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly. Weigh your food. Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    your swimming plus your goal weight target calories (deficit)

when you swim, it must be like you are training for a swim meet. drills/sets
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Lift weights and set a calorie limit and the fat will melt off quickly. There's no shortcut luv!!! WB
  • Porcelaine22
    Porcelaine22 Posts: 245 Member
    Options

So yes, all of the exercise you do is sufficient. If you want to do less, that works too.

Thanks for this, really encouraging :):) x
  • Porcelaine22
    Options
    Any movement you do will kick start your weight loss journey!! If you start finding it too easy try to make swimming or the running slightly harder each week to keep yourself working hard!! Good luck :)

That's definitely on the radar, I have a couple of 10 Ks coming up in 2 and 4 months time and will also be starting a running club in a couple of weeks so will have to continue to ramp it up! :D Thanks for the friendship request! :D xx
  • Porcelaine22
    Options
    ^This.

Log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly. Weigh your food. Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

THAT is a BRILLIANT article! :D

and you are seriously showing that is works, what an inspirational loss you have had!! xx