Replies

• chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats!
  • raestanke
    raestanke Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I do also think that I look smaller because I carry my weight evenly, big hips, big thighs, big arms, lol you know!
  • LinDiSm26262
    LinDiSm26262 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    You look great.. keep up the good work!
  • ljglivingfree
    ljglivingfree Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    How have you done it!!!??? Amazing!! I fell hopeless. Did you just stick to a certain number of calories?
  • jcp4139
    jcp4139 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    your story is encouraging to me. KEEP IT UP!
  • wendyk673
    wendyk673 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look great!!!!
  • raestanke
    Options
    I’ll give a little back story, here goes nothing!
    Also I never mentioned before my height! I am 5'3.

So I got laid off from my factory job and found out I could go to college for free! The only thing I wanted to go for was nursing, so that is what I did. I got through the first two years of generals and kept gaining weight, and then I needed to get my CPR in order to take the core nursing classes. I was so disgusted and upset that day because I was on the ground trying to save this dummies life and I could barely lean over enough on my knees to do mouth to mouth. I thought to myself “oh my gosh, when I am a nurse no one is going to take me seriously and I might end up not being physically able to save them if an emergency happened.” Within that same month my sister graduated high school and when I went to add the pictures on Facebook I literally got sick at how heavy I was and would not post a single photo with me in it. I knew then and there it was time!
    At first I completely changed my portion sizes, I was eating so many calories it was ridiculous. I didn’t want to spend the money on a gym membership if I wasn’t really going to be dedicated to a healthier lifestyle so I got a couple work out videos (Flirty Girl Fitness, Just Dance for Wii) and danced in a mirror to my Ipod. I did great and dropped 40 lbs (got to 250 lbs) so I treated myself to a gym membership. I lost about 40 lbs more, never getting under 207 lbs, and that is when I had my heart issues and then had to have surgery.
    The year after that was my wedding! I gained and lost over that stressful time, I graduated from college, passed my nursing boards (RN), got married and bought a house all within the same year! After everything calmed down I decided I needed to get serious and that’s when I really kicked my healthy lifestyle up a notch.
    I started doing yoga every day and just danced with my iPod to music (I am training to do the splits). After a few months of badgering my hubby for us to go get a gym membership, (where he works we actually get paid $12 a month if we both go at least 8 times) now I have a gym membership and also go to a FIT camp class that's free at a local business. When at the gym usually I do cardio like elliptical and treadmill or bike, the class is more strength training and that has helped with the last 10 pounds I’d say.
    I recommend taking progress photos and measurements! Whenever I was thinking I wasn't losing weight, or that I couldn't even tell that I was losing I would take another picture and I would check my measurements and I could ALWAYS tell a difference! I had a full body scan (where I do my FIT camp) and it calculated how much body fat percentage I had, the number of calories I am burning at rest and how much protein I should eat and so on. After I practically doubled my protein intake I noticed a huge difference in the way I looked, I was flatter and not so fluffy, and it was a little hard to wrap my mind around because I didn't lose any weight, but people kept telling me I looked like I was melting (in a good way!)! I do cardio at least 500 calories burned), yoga and strength training to vary up my routine and it has been going amazing! I try to stick around 1500 to 1200 calories per day, and I do not eat back my work out calories. If you have any other questions just ask!

Here is a face comparison from 290 lbs and 200 lbs (Monday)
    a4f14b71-9a29-43e7-9118-467e86fae6d9.png

And here is the Picture that started it all, me at 290 lbs, and then me at work today, 199.6 (yay!!!)
    668c936d-8b1f-4988-abc4-1bd4f100cb64.png
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    You've done amazing! You look incredible and I absolutely love your style. The pink braces are too cute!
  • MonikaScholze
    Options
    Wow< well done...smile
  • ga81peach19
    Options
    Woww!! You look great, very inspirational...thanks and keep up the good work :)
  • pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    2 thumbs up girl!!! You look AMAZING!!:drinker:
  • keishakylejohnson
    keishakylejohnson Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Omgosh!! You look outstanding!!
  • BridgetteH27
    Options
    You have done an awesome job, fantastic success. Keep up the great work :)
  • raestanke
    Options
    Thanks!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    You are rocking that cute little outfit too!

Great job!
  • laurelmilly
    laurelmilly Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Amazing journey! You look Great! Best of luck with the rest and keeping it off!
  • Pusarah
    Pusarah Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Inspiring! Great job so far and I hope you meet all your goals! Congrats, you look fantastic!
  • Neahpata
    Neahpata Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!! You look really great!
  • linz_husker
    linz_husker Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look amazing keep it up!
  • HappilyRubina
    HappilyRubina Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Fabulous progress! And you're such a cutie pie. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!