runners knee

I've been trying to do ripped in 30 but a couple weeks ago my doctor told me i have runners knee. Anyone have any recommendations on some good stretches? I did my DVD tonight and my knee is pretty sore now.

Replies

• OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    I think you need new shoes.

When my running shoes (even if you are just working out in them and not running) get too worn, I'm due for shoes.
  • liljen69
    liljen69 Posts: 45
    What part of your knee hurts? Does it hurt while exercising or after?
  • Usually hurts after the workout on the inner side of my knee
  • liljen69
    liljen69 Posts: 45
    My knee pain is usually on the outside (IT Band and chondromalacia). I have two different kinds of knee braces and they are effective. First I had IT band issues on my left knee and I got the IT band strap. Then I had chondromalacia and IT band issues on my right knee. A knee sleeve helped me (along with PT). My left knee is totally fine now and my right knee is much better. Last weekend I graduated from the knee sleeve to the IT band strap and I was able to run 3.5 miles with no pain.

The knee sleeve might work for you. I bought mine from my doctor's office but you can get them at Amazon.

http://www.pro-tecathletics.com/56978/Knee.html
    (In the bottom left corner they have links to different knee injuries and show which brace might help.)