Hieeee! :)

Options
Hey guys! Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a 28 year old interpreter residing in Austin, Texas. I installed MFP a year ago but didn't really follow through with it. Now I have quit smoking (9 days!) and since that was my crutch to not exercise ("what, am I supposed to do a lap before or after my cig break?") , I have been really trying to put in a sincere effort. Today I hit my 7 day streak. I love food journaling! I am learning so much. I can't help but feel bitter at times though.. Why wasn't I taught this before? Why didn't I search out this information in the past? But I just keep telling myself better late than never, right? And my body is in such a better place now, than it was just two weeks ago! :)

Replies

• lumpy56lump
    lumpy56lump Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I quit smoking a little over 4 years ago...it gets easier day by day!
  • dovetail5858
    dovetail5858 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job quitting smoking! I quit 9 years ago. One of the hardest things I ever did but I love being a nonsmoker.
  • digishu
    digishu Posts: 3
    Options
    Wow..years?! I can't wait! I am 12 days smoke free. It's definitely a process! :) thanks for the support. Going to send friend req to you two :)
  • leannabseven
    leannabseven Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hi and good for you!! You just remember that not smoking is something positive you are choosing to do for yourself and it is definitely not a punishment. I quit nearly 14 years ago and it really helped me to remember I was not being punished and denied a smoke, but that I was empowering myself every time I chose not to smoke. Unfortunately, I did gain weight, and I wish there had been an MFP option for me back then.
    I am determined to lose the weight and I'm active on my MFP logging. If you want to be friends, please add me. And, while I'm older than you, I have friends of all ages.
    Whatever, I wish you every success! :)