Wrist support for weightlifting/push-ups

Options
I do HIIT workouts from bodyrock.tv and there are quite a few moves in plank position as well as various types of push-ups. My wrists are extremely fatigued! I am looking for recommendations for gloves with wrist support. I am thinking gloves because I would like better grip for weights and equalizer but, I am open to suggestions.

Thanks!!

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    It sounds like it may be a flexibility issue. Try doing the pushups and such by holding onto the handles of dumbbells. You can also get pushup stands or the like if your DBs are uncomfortable. The straight position will be much easier on your wrists
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    What Dave said. I have extremely inflexible wrists and (at first) had a very hard time with exercises that had my hands on the floor.
  • Lizzard_77
    Lizzard_77 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I am actually hyper mobile so, I am too flexible. Maybe that is the issue. I have tried holding onto my weights while doing the push-ups but I feel very unstable and with the fast paced change-ups in the workouts it is not always an option to do that. Good thoughts though!
  • loriemn
    loriemn Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    try knuckle pushups instead of flat hand,,they hurt your knuckles at first,but you get used to it,,use the first two big knuckles for most of the pressure,,I do these alot as I have carpel tunnel (sp?) and flat hand ones hurt my wrists.These do not as they line up the bones correctly from shoulder to hand.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I have a wrist injury so I spend a ton of time working on wrist flexibility and mobility. That being said, my ability to do front squats, push ups, etc. has gotten so much better since I purchased sturdy wrist wraps. I tried the whole knuckle push up thing. Not for me. Just finding ways to rehab and support my wrists and wrist wraps are the ticket for me! They make fabric ones, but I like thicker, more rigid wraps. Right now I have women's 12" heavy duty wrist wraps in black and pink from Schiek Sports, and you can buy them on Amazon for about $18.
  • asdelmonte
    asdelmonte Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I second the wrist wraps. I have an old wrist injury (no problems with flexibility) and need the support for anything heavy and/ or overhead. I don't like gloves as I feel my grip is worse with them. I have cloth wraps from Strength Wraps.