Can't believe I made it.

Options

Replies

• mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success, and wowza in the little black dress! You did amazing and thank you for sharing how you got there, baby steps of getting control of your cravings, etc, it is something I struggle with as I'm the only one in a house of 3 teens and another adult who is WANTING to eat healthier and working at it, everyone else in the family seems to be able to eat whatever they want except me, so knowing that you did it without clearing out your cabinets and built up your will power by doing it in steps, that makes me feel like I can keep going! I've been in a slump myself since the Christmas holidays because I didn't do it in baby steps and I binged on holiday yummies to the point that I have felt like I'm struggling to get by a day without eating crap. So, I came here lurking for some motivation to get back on track, and I found this! Thanks for sharing!!

Congrats again, and congrats on baby number 3!!! Wishing you many blessings and a healthy pregnancy!
  • Mhgretsch
    Mhgretsch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    WOW, you look amazing! What a great transformation! And CONGRATULATIONS on #3:smile:
  • Amelia7779
    Amelia7779 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    second and third pic I was 155 lbs

Wow! that's 155 lbs at 5'3! Incredible! WTG, you look absolutely amazing.

It is if you lift! lol

Did you get frustrated with the scale? I'm currently 165 at 5'3 and an 8...I know I have a decent amount of muscle mass that I'm trying to retain...I'm lifting 3-4x/week...but I do get frustrated with how little the scale moves even though I can see some progress. Also, did you break up those exercises over 4 sessions or do the same thing each time?
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Very well done! You look gorgeous! I wish you all the best with the pregnancy :flowerforyou:
  • Sophie983
    Sophie983 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    oh my god! AMAZING!
  • Lozzer135
    Lozzer135 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You've completely ruined my eye make up. "Sob"

You're an inspiration and should be very proud of yourself. Congrats on the happy ending:flowerforyou:
  • elbaldwin0525
    elbaldwin0525 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    great transformation!
  • Tight_Fit
    Tight_Fit Posts: 453
    Options

It is if you lift! lol

Did you get frustrated with the scale? I'm currently 165 at 5'3 and an 8..I know I have a decent amount of muscle mass that I'm trying to retain...I'm lifting 3-4x/week...but I do get frustrated with how little the scale moves even though I can see some progress. Also, did you break up those exercises over 4 sessions or do the same thing each time?

I knew that if I used a scale I would get frustrated, so I didn't use it at all! I stuck it in the back of my linen closet and didn't weigh myself until I looked in the mirror and was happy with what I saw. Instead I took measurements and I had a pair of jeans and shirt that I put on once every few weeks to see how they were fitting differently. When I was heavy I never felt good about the way I looked so I would usually just wear my husbands sweatpants around the house, one day I was sick and just wanted to be comfy so I went to put on a pair, and despite being tied they slid right off my butt, I knew that I was making big strides!

It wasn't until we had a get together at our home that I weighed myself, and that was 13 months after I started my weight loss journey. My husbands friends and my friends were talking about how I looked so small, which believe me, I NEVER thought I would hear, and they were trying to guess my weight. They were saying numbers between 115 and 130 and I just kept thinking no way do I look THAT small! So I finally dug out the scale, and I was 160! I did lose a few more pounds after that. The black dress I was wearing was just a tad too tight at the time, I lost 5 more pounds in the next month and a half, and tried it on and wore it that day in the picture to my anniversary dinner with my husband.

All in all, I never had a goal weight. I don't think you should really assign a number to your happiness or your health.

As for the list I do lifting, I do break it up over the 4 sessions, Yoga ball push ups, and pull ups I'll do all 4 sessions a week, and then the others get split up and I'll do all of the arm exercises 2x per week and all of the leg exercises 2x per week.
  • Tight_Fit
    Tight_Fit Posts: 453
    Options
    Congrats on your success, and wowza in the little black dress! You did amazing and thank you for sharing how you got there, baby steps of getting control of your cravings, etc, it is something I struggle with as I'm the only one in a house of 3 teens and another adult who is WANTING to eat healthier and working at it, everyone else in the family seems to be able to eat whatever they want except me, so knowing that you did it without clearing out your cabinets and built up your will power by doing it in steps, that makes me feel like I can keep going! I've been in a slump myself since the Christmas holidays because I didn't do it in baby steps and I binged on holiday yummies to the point that I have felt like I'm struggling to get by a day without eating crap. So, I came here lurking for some motivation to get back on track, and I found this! Thanks for sharing!!

Congrats again, and congrats on baby number 3!!! Wishing you many blessings and a healthy pregnancy!

I just want to start off by thanking you for taking your time to read my success story! Your profile picture shows amazing progress. One thing I always used to tell myself when I went into the kitchen is that every meal is an opportunity to eat healthy. Before you take your first bite, while you're actually looking at the food, ask yourself "Am I going to regret eating this an hour from now, a day from now, a week from now?" I did that a lot, and it kind of trained my brain to not even want it anymore. I used to love mcdonalds, now I get sick when I see it. I thought I had a craving the other night, and I was really down on calories because of morning (which is really ALL DAY) sickness, so I figured why not! My husband got me a chicken sandwich and a salad, I took 2 bites, and realized it was absolutely disgusting. I ended up feeding it to my dogs. Same with sweets, I used to love cake, and I still do, but I can't eat butter cream frosting anymore. It turns my stomach. Nothing is better than just a yellow cake baked with lemon zest and blueberries in it now!
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this! You have done so well and come so far!
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    awesomeness!
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I have tears in my eyes from reading this. Congratulations on taking control of your health, your emotions, and congratulations on your newest addition!
  • lmsky12
    lmsky12 Posts: 32
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing! It is really inspiring to read a success story from another mom. Congratulations on your success! :flowerforyou:
  • Amelia7779
    Options

Really incredible, congratulations! Going to try for the willpower to put away the scale!
    It is if you lift! lol

Did you get frustrated with the scale? I'm currently 165 at 5'3 and an 8..I know I have a decent amount of muscle mass that I'm trying to retain...I'm lifting 3-4x/week...but I do get frustrated with how little the scale moves even though I can see some progress. Also, did you break up those exercises over 4 sessions or do the same thing each time?

I knew that if I used a scale I would get frustrated, so I didn't use it at all! I stuck it in the back of my linen closet and didn't weigh myself until I looked in the mirror and was happy with what I saw. Instead I took measurements and I had a pair of jeans and shirt that I put on once every few weeks to see how they were fitting differently. When I was heavy I never felt good about the way I looked so I would usually just wear my husbands sweatpants around the house, one day I was sick and just wanted to be comfy so I went to put on a pair, and despite being tied they slid right off my butt, I knew that I was making big strides!

It wasn't until we had a get together at our home that I weighed myself, and that was 13 months after I started my weight loss journey. My husbands friends and my friends were talking about how I looked so small, which believe me, I NEVER thought I would hear, and they were trying to guess my weight. They were saying numbers between 115 and 130 and I just kept thinking no way do I look THAT small! So I finally dug out the scale, and I was 160! I did lose a few more pounds after that. The black dress I was wearing was just a tad too tight at the time, I lost 5 more pounds in the next month and a half, and tried it on and wore it that day in the picture to my anniversary dinner with my husband.

All in all, I never had a goal weight. I don't think you should really assign a number to your happiness or your health.

As for the list I do lifting, I do break it up over the 4 sessions, Yoga ball push ups, and pull ups I'll do all 4 sessions a week, and then the others get split up and I'll do all of the arm exercises 2x per week and all of the leg exercises 2x per week.
  • Amelia7779
    Options
    Ha my response was hidden in there...

Truly, congratulations...amazing job!
  • sherbearee_
    Options
    What an incredible success story. I am so sorry for the loss of your twins. I can't imagine. And your strength in losing weight your way and in a way that is sustainable for you. Thank you for sharing your story.
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I am so very happy for you!! You made me just tear up reading this.. I could so relate.

I feel like I can see myself at the finish line now! I know it won't be easy, but it will be so worth it! Because we're all worth it!

Thanks for sharing. :flowerforyou:
  • HappilyRubina
    HappilyRubina Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I love your story! Congratulations on the baby!
  • feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    WOW! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!