Disect my diet.

Options
Hello, i'm new to this forum and would like to know how well I eat. Below is a list of foods/meals eaten this week, and I'd like to know your thoughts on it. Am I eating fine, or not? What led to that conclusion? What changes should be made, if any?

3/28

(2) Hard boiled eggs whites
(2) Special K: Pastry crisps
Boston Market: Chicken, potatoes, steamed vegetables, sweet corn, and corn bread
Fluids: Water , orange juice, apple juice, ice tea

3/27

Grilled chicken and zucchini w/ pesto
Salad w/ vinaigrette
Sour dough bread
Mixed mexican corn
(2) Whole wheat toast w/ jelly
Whole wheat penne pasta
(2) Medium sized banana's
(1) Hard boiled egg white

3/26

(1) Hard boiled egg white
Whole wheat penne pasta
(2) Special-K: pastry crisps
Boston Market: Chicken, potatoes, steamed vegetables, sweet corn and corn bread

3/25

(1) Serving of cheddar cheese w/ crackers
(2) Whole wheat toast w/ Jelly
(2) Hard boiled egg whites
Bowl of cereal: Honey bunches of oats w/ low-fat milk
Chicken caesar salad

Replies

• bobbyunangst
    Options
    looks like you are eating better than I have been, however i think to be able to answer you question we would also need to know your goals and what you want to look at. if you were my mom I would say no because of all the juices that are high in sugar. My mom can't have them, for me I was say I need to watch the carbs.

My Fitness Pal Diary will break those foods down when you enter them into your log ( in proper portion, which makes a big difference too) and let you know if you are staying in the goals that you set for yourself.

Sorry I couldn't help more, but good luck
  • HealthyishWithMaggieG
    HealthyishWithMaggieG Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    There's not enough information here, to dissect your diet. I ate mostly healthy foods and still packed on the pounds. If you really want help, open up your food diary so we can see what your macros are supposed to be and how your food intake measures up.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    With 20 lb. to lose, set your goal to .5 lb. per week and be patient.

Log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly. Weigh your food. Once you've got your logging under control you can open your diary & ask for feedback.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • QAZ2002
    QAZ2002 Posts: 7
    Options
    Currently i'm not attempting to lose weight, as i'm not ready. However, I want to know if my food choices are decent based on nutrition.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Currently i'm not attempting to lose weight, as i'm not ready. However, I want to know if my food choices are decent based on nutrition.
    Then set your goal to maintenance and log everything you eat accurately & honestly.

I find that using MFP's protein & fiber goals helps me be less hungry. It will take trial & error to find what works for you.

Read the Sexypants link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • QAZ2002
    QAZ2002 Posts: 7
    Options
    Thats fine, but the question is still unanswered. I can adjust calories to maintain/lower/increase weight, but are those choices decent? Should I be eating those foods? Should anything be added to have a more balanced diet? I don't have dietary needs outside of avoiding "unhealthy" fats.
  • bobbyunangst
    Options
    Thats fine, but the question is still unanswered. I can adjust calories to maintain/lower/increase weight, but are those choices decent? Should I be eating those foods? Should anything be added to have a more balanced diet? I don't have dietary needs outside of avoiding "unhealthy" fats.

We are not answering your question because we don't have all the information. There is no blanket statement eat this to be healthy. If you are eating protein which is good for you but you are eating too much for your needs than it is bad, same goes with fiber, fats, fruits veggies...

A healthy diet is eating the right combination of foods for YOU and that is trial and error. If you log everything, open your diary than we can say hey look at that number or look at that number.
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Options

We are not answering your question because we don't have all the information. There is no blanket statement eat this to be healthy. If you are eating protein which is good for you but you are eating too much for your needs than it is bad, same goes with fiber, fats, fruits veggies...

A healthy diet is eating the right combination of foods for YOU and that is trial and error. If you log everything, open your diary than we can say hey look at that number or look at that number.
    Shes right. It really depends on your body comp. I mean yes there are some very classic good choices in there, but also a little on the boring side. I'm not loving all the juice you're drinking, thats a lot of unnecessary sugar.

But I cant guide you much more than that, like I'm a low carb vegetarian. I can tell you what to eat to be healthy for that, but I'm sure that my diet for me probably isnt for you.