Jillian Michaels

Options

Replies

• spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Jillian's dvds helped me to kickstart my weight loss. I think I'm one of the odd people who actually like her haha
  • yuuen
    yuuen Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Jillian's dvds helped me to kickstart my weight loss. I think I'm one of the odd people who actually like her haha
    I should hope not, JM is amazing! Knowing she used to be heavy gives her a bit more credibility imo, because I know she's been there with me before. She gives the impression she really cares.
  • buzybev
    buzybev Posts: 199 Member
    Options

haha, I like her too. I think she's hilarious in Ripped in 30.
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I have 3 days left of the 30 Day Shred, and I love it! I've had HUGE results with it!
  • SuperSammi22
    SuperSammi22 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I personally love her dvds. I am currently on day one, level two of her 30 day shred dvd and have been getting amazing results so far. I highly recommend getting it, Although, after you get use to the workout, definitely mute it. Her voice starts to really grate against your nerves. Replace her banter with a good workout playlist. :} Feel free to add me, I'll definitely give you some support!
  • nattymommy33
    Options
    I like the workouts but found I needed a lot more warm up than she provided to avoid injuring myself. There is also a fair bit of jumping in her circuits and I hurt my knee because I wasn't listening to my body enough and that slowed me down for about three months. But I'm old. :-)
  • Left4Good
    Left4Good Posts: 304
    Options
    I loved the workout, didn't care for Jillian.
    After day 3, I muted the TV and put my own music on and just followed along.

That's the same thing I do when I use workout dvds.
  • Left4Good
    Options
    Thanks for all the responces and help everyone =)
  • kinni101
    kinni101 Posts: 38
    Options
    I was looking into this today. Does any one use tin of beans etc instead of hand weights lol?Xx
  • ericarenee2005
    Options
    I've done the 30 day shred. I toned up fast and got great results for a 20 minute workout. The thing is, I was really friggen happy when I had it memorized so I could listen to my headphones instead of her brutal voice chewing my lumps.
  • Left4Good
    Options
  • lilyflor
    lilyflor Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 6 of the 30 day shred an is going really good, the first day I wanted to die! But is actually getting easier and it feels short now, we'll see when I start the next part. Anyone please eel free to add me! I'll love some new friends tat can motivate and I'll do the same!
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    30DS was a good starting point for me and it helped teach dedication and commitment to a program. It's a good beginner cardio program. I recently did the Body Revolution DVDs and I think they are good place to go after 30DS for cardio. I personally hate cardio so I've moved on from them but they had their place in my journey.
  • ShreddingIt_84
    Options
    I love it!! I always have great results when I do it!

Now im trying her one week shred! :)
  • Left4Good
    Options
    Thank you all for the answers ^_^ great to hear people have results. Do any of you just do this workout or do this and another workout in one day?
  • MissB46
    MissB46 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    ...whatever you do - don't get the kettlebell one 'Shredding with weights' its sooo bad - it makes me cringe!!! The form is really, really bad and best book an appointment with the osteopath at the same time...
  • sarahcook411382
    Options
    Struggling to find the right balance of exercise so going to start 30 day shred Monday alongside my other classes ;) motivation would be good :) I have 9 lb to lose in 9 weeks! ;)
  • emmasimmons35
    Options

haha, I like her too. I think she's hilarious in Ripped in 30.

She's brilliant in Ripped in 30 ihave a few of hers and a few Davina's I like to mix them up I get bored easily :/
  • Thunderfan66
    Thunderfan66 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Are her workouts for people with a lot to lose, or do they work for everyone? I don't have much to lose and I feel that I'm reasonably fit.....I'm just wondering whether they are worth a try as I'm not having much luck at the moment getting a few kgs off!
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Are her workouts for people with a lot to lose, or do they work for everyone? I don't have much to lose and I feel that I'm reasonably fit.....I'm just wondering whether they are worth a try as I'm not having much luck at the moment getting a few kgs off!

I don't have any to lose and I think her dvds are brill, really helping me define my shape