Female 5k-ers

Options
2»

Replies

• TinyBriony14
    Options
    Well - I timed myself! Admittedly I didn't go all out, as I was testing the water to get a bench mark having not timed myself before... It took me 33 mins - work to be done! But at least I've got a starting point :D
  • Floobaloob
    Floobaloob Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Well done! Its a good benchmark.
    I also find it really hard to pace myself properly on a 5k and usually end up pootling along for the first 3.5-4k. I then step it up when I realise I'm nearly done.

I thought my PB time was about 26.30 going pretty hard when out for a run by myself.

But I went to my first parkrun today and managed 25.03! Amazing how much faster you can go when focusing on reeling in those bums in front one at a time.
  • MB2MN
    MB2MN Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Mine is 27:50...on a really cold and windy day because I just wanted to get the heck back inside! Average time is around 30 min.
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've never actually done a formal 5K run to get an official time, but I run 3 miles in around 30 minutes. Is anyone else doing the 5 x 50 Challenge starting tomorrow? 5 km every day for the next 50 days! www.5x50.org :-)
  • dettiot
    dettiot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Just back from my race--did it in 31:30! :love: I think because of the rain, I was trying to finish the race as fast as possible. It also helped that it was a paved, flat course. :-)
  • FLSwimmom01
    Options
    Ran my first 5K this morning, with minimal training. My goal was to finish in 45 minutes, and I finished in 43. I enjoyed it, and am hoping to start training more to start dropping more time and hopefully as I drop more weight, it will get easier!
  • TinyBriony14
    Options
    That's brill, well done :)
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    My PR from my last race was 21:50 but the course measured short. Doing another one in May and hoping to run a legitimate 21:50. :smile:
  • TinyBriony14
    Options
    21:50! That is incredible lol - if I ever get near that I will prob cry!
  • bethanytapp
    bethanytapp Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I ran 5K on a whim last night (first time to do more than 2 miles in my life....and only did 2 miles for the first time 2 weeks ago) and I did it in 36:45.

I'd love to work my way down to 30 minutes, but at this point I'm playing around with the idea of increasing distance before increasing speed. I like the pace I run, but maybe its not enough of a challenge. Any thoughts?
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    26.40 is currently my PB for a 5k - but that took some time to build up to! :drinker:
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    When I ran my 1st 5k back in August-13 it took me 50mins, my current PB is 30:21 so looking to break 30mins in the next few weeks I hope. My longest run to date is 18.6miles (30k) done for charity and to celebrate 1 year of my new lifestyle. My average long run is around 8-9miles. I do the Park Runs most Saturdays, am signed up for a number of 10ks and a couple of half marathons so far this year. I enjoy the real cardio effort involved in the 5k but also love plodding along at my own pace and the mental challenge of pushing on abit further of the longer distances. I just love running LOL.
  • NewMnky1
    NewMnky1 Posts: 264
    Options
    I have been training for about 8 months so I only have to go by my training runs which my fastest one was 27:28, but I just completed my first offical 5km run yesterday and did it in 26:21, which was a personal best for me.
  • Miss_LGC
    Miss_LGC Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My other half runs half marathons so, to give me something to do rather than just standing around while he completes these I decided I would complete a couple of 5ks and hopefully work up to the 10ks.

I ran my first 5k last Sunday, in the wind, rain, sleet and snow (got to love Scotland!) and completed it in 34 mins. I'd like to get this down to below 30mins & considering Park Run to help with that :)
  • Brat442014
    Options
    I am going to be in my first 5k this June and very excited about it. I downloaded the couch to 5k app and will start training this week (if weather permits!) My girlfriend and I signed up for the Color me Rad!
  • TinyBriony14
    Options
    Good luck - Couch to 5k app is great, eases you in nicely :)