People irritate the *kitten* out of me

Options
13»

Replies

• ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Oh dear.

Recently fallen into some of this nastiness as well, and it's REALLY annoying. I feel your pain OP.
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I can understand why this would be annoying. I, on the other hand love to hear, "your so skinny". "Have you lost more weight?". Music to my ears. I weighed 210 pounds at my heaviest. Now I am a very healthy and slender 150 pounds at 5ft 8 inches. Woo Hoo!
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I totally get where you're coming from. Gosh, people were telling me I needed to stop losing when I was still overweight. To be fair, overweight is the average in America these days. So, some people just genuinely don't know what healthy and/or fit look like. Also, they have to adjust to seeing us smaller just as we do.

Nevertheless, it gets frustrating. You think it would be nice to hear the comments, until you actually are hearing them. Now, I just wish people would SHUT UP and realize I want to talk about more than the food I eat, how much I weigh, or how much weight I lost. Geeze.
  • gemmamummy
    gemmamummy Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I don't have this problem now, but I remember a few years ago I was going through a really stressful time and lost a lot of weight, people were very vocal about it. One colleague announced that people in the next office were all talking about whether I had an eating disorder. My boss even told me (in-front of everyone) that I looked like I might blow over I was so thin. I guess it was their weird way of trying to show concern, but the last thing you need when you are low, is to hear that other people are talking about you! One woman was like "Er how much do weigh these days then" I just said "You tell me first, age before beauty". That shut her cake hole.

I think sometimes people coin the old "You don't need to lose anymore weight" as they think that's what you want to hear. Just carry on doing what you want. No doubt it will be someone else's turn to be the focus of topic next week :-)
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    People are constantly telling me i need to stop losing weight (i actually stopped over a year ago, give or take a few lbs). I also get told to eat a burger etc. People are ruder to me being slimmer than when i was obese!
This discussion has been closed.