whats your favourite fruits &vegetables?

Options
2»

Replies

• AusEliza
    AusEliza Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Fruits: blueberries, strawberris, tomatos, apples and bananas.
    Veges: Sweet potatos, spinach, onion, jalapenos
  • KMC1012
    KMC1012 Posts: 20
    Options
    I think I love all fruits and vegetables but if I had to chose,
    Fruit: Banana and red apples as I eat them everyday
    Vegetables: Red peppers, mushrooms, beetroot and spinach.
  • dgkt
    dgkt Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Avocado, arugula, kiwi, blackberries, babycarrots, butternut squash, red onion, pink lady apples, and asparagus (sautéed with olive oil & almonds)
  • thomaszabel
    thomaszabel Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Kale, avocado, and brussel sprouts. But not mixed together.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    BlackBerry. Strawberry. Tomato. Palisade Co peaches. Avocado. Green chili. Jalapeno. Red onion.
  • MBrothers22
    MBrothers22 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Pineapple/banana/apple for fruits and without a doubt, grilled asparagus is my favorite vegetable
  • dgkt
    dgkt Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Oh! How could I forget?! Hatch green chili :)
  • MintTea13
    Options
    I love munching on apples and carrots. This reduces my hunger throughout the day. When I think I'm craving for chips and chocolates, I start munching on raw fruits and vegetables. On my way back from work my body knows it's time for dinner, so to prevent over eating at dinner I'd munch on light low calories snacks.
  • vedalewis
    vedalewis Posts: 37
    Options
    pineapple, avacados, and olives for sure!
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Peaches! I have one peach tree in my yard, and i'm planting another one this year. Mangoes, grapes, tomatoes, pineapple, cucumber, bell peppers, fresh apples, valencia oranges, nectarines, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, cherries, dates, watermelon and cantaloupe are my goto fruits.

Veggies include romaine, buttercrunch lettuce, mesclun mix, spinach, kale and chard. Eaten raw in a salad, in a smoothie, in a juice, or in a soup.

Broccoli, cabbage, carrots, celery, beets, green beans, sugar peas, asparagus, brussels sprouts, cauliflower and radishes go great in various ways, including soups, no-oil stir fry dishes, roasted, raw, juiced or steamed.
  • amylotti
    amylotti Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Favourite Fruits: Strawberries, Grapes, Blueberries, Pears and Watermelon

Favourite Vegetables: Broccoli, Asparagus, Carrots and Onion
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Oh heck! Pears with cheese and nuts. HUGE fan of apples and peanutbutter too. Tomatoes with EVERYTHING but especially crackers or bread and babybel cheese. If you take anything like asperagus, tomatoes, broccoli, peppers, and mushrooms? Yeah steam those bad boys up with rice?? Oh man, so freeken good. Dang it I'm hungry now.
  • toxicat
    toxicat Posts: 79
    Options
    Some can be really bland or you just get bored with the same old thing , so whats your favourites and how do you like them prepared?

Zucchini and squash come to mind! I like them roasted with crushed red pepper and a little Himalayan salt and pepper.
  • nicolemviolette
    nicolemviolette Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Bananas and apples with peanut butter or PB2 is really good. PB2 is a more low calorie option, and still tastes awesome.
    I also like cream cheese fruit dip. Most only have 70 cals per 2 TBSP and it tastes great. I like to eat it on grapes and oranges, but Im sure it would taste great on things like blueberries, strawberries, and watermelon as well.

As for veggies... Have you tried Baked Parmesan or Mozzerella Tomatoes? Just sliced tomatoes with a little olive oil, on a cookie sheet topped with either parmesan or mozerella cheese (and spinach if you like), plus salt and pepper. Then you bake them for 10-15 minutes at 450F.
    Cucumbers with vinegar is really good. And pretty much any veggies dipped in Hummus. I like the Roasted Red Pepper flavor, but there are a lot of others to chose from.