Question for 5'1-5'2 females, what is was your goal weight?

Options
Im asking this because I lost 31 pounds and counting and I know I have more weight to lose at least another 25 pounds which would put me at 130lbs, but I still feel like that may be to much considering my body frame, I looked online and according to my measurements for my wrist I am a small frame.So I wanted to know others goal weight with the same height and small-medium frame what was your realistic goal weight?

Replies

• lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, 29yrs old. My starting weight was 156lbs, my current weight is 133lbs and my current goal weight is 120lbs. Although I look good in clothes now, so could stop, but I still have a very flabby belly and thighs, so I'm going to keep going for now so I look good naked too!!!

At the moment, I eat an average of 1700cals per day, run 4 times a week (30-50mins) and lift heavy 3 times per week (NROLFW) and I'm losing on average between 0.5lb and 1lb per week which I am happy with.

I can't remember the last time I was this slim so I don't know what I will look like at 120lbs - I might get to 125lb and decide that is enough, or I might get to 120lb and decide I need to lower my BF% a bit more.

So I'd say don't set a strict number, lose until you are comfortable. Don't compare yourself to others - what I am comfortable at might not be what you are comfortable at.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and 20. Starting weight was 154 and goal weight is 120 for now. We'll see if it changes when I get there!
  • JessBarnes1991
    JessBarnes1991 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and starting weight was 214 my goal weight is 126 so I have a long way to go!
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I set my original goal weight at 130, but as you can see by my butterfly flying off my ticker, I didn't think it was enough. I'm aiming for 120 now, adding more strength activities, and seeing how that looks.
  • ser67
    ser67 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 1" I have a lot a lot of weight to lose, so I have set my goal at 140 and I will reasses it again then.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    5'2" - I gave up the idea of a goal weight and now focus on performance in the gym and body composition. My goal composition will place me somewhere between 128-132 lb range, but I'm actually kind of content with where I am right now at 138, at least for the time being. I am approximately 28-29%BF and would like to get closer to 25%. I may be "heavier" than what most people who are 5'2" would want to be, but I am also pretty compact with a good amount of lean body mass so I don't expect to ever see 120 or lower and I am perfectly fine with that. People don't look at me and go "oh, she is obviously 138 lbs" I usually get comments like, "wow, you're pretty athletic aren't you?" The scale could say 200 lbs for all I care, if I can hit harder in boxing, or lift more on the barbell and I still maintain the body composition I want, the scale can do what it wants. That is just me though.
  • nicole060308
    nicole060308 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i am 5'2 -5'3... my body frame is medium. i started at 292 lbs...my goal weight is 160. i am 3 lbs away from hitting it. however i think i will go to 150, then from there focus on toning more.
  • hsnider29
    hsnider29 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I am 5'0 and aiming for around 125. I'm 156 right now. I've been on and off this site too many times to count. I have decided I'm going to take things slow, not worry about the scale and, most importantly, lift weights. The last time I lost weight counting calories I was only walking and eating around 1,000-1,200 calories a day. I lost a lot of weight but also lost muscle mass so I didn't look all that great at 125.
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm 5'2 and I have a very small frame. My starting weight was 143 - my goal weight was 125. I am currently 113 - and that's too low for me......I'm currently re-evaluating my maintenance plan - I'd like to get back up to about 118.
  • wannastayfit
    wannastayfit Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2" and weight 125. I currently wear a size 6 pant and clothes look pretty good on me. Would love to get to 118, but it's proving to be tough for sure to lose those last lbs!
  • aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and started at 172. My original goal was 130, then 125, then 120 which is where I'm at now. I'm happy with my weight at the moment :)
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2, small frame and weigh 119 pounds, starting weight was 230, as of right now my goal weight is 110, but I have been thinking of changing it to 115. :smile:
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3". I started out at 190. I'm currently maintaining at 115-120.
  • carinthea
    carinthea Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft (so shorter than many/most of you), my target weight at present is 126. I am 40, have been overweight for the majority of my life and if I reach 195 I will be lighter than I have been since I was 25! I think that we have to not only look at what our bones are telling us but also need to know whether we want butts, breasts and a little bit of curvature to our bodies at the end of the diet. I would love to be a stick, but unfortunately I have always been at least a 34DD...

I think that you need to evaluate when you reach a certain point; if you don't feel comfortable there push onwards, but the 'final' goal should always be how you can look at yourself in the mirror and say "wow, I look good," then look at all your other measurements and say "yep, happy with those, this is realistic..."
  • ILoveGingerNut
    ILoveGingerNut Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and I aim to weight between 97 and 103 lb. I am 113 at the moment, 20% BW. Unfortunately I do not store fat in my upper body so I have to be slim to look proportionate.
  • tylersmom37042
    Options
    I am 5'2" and my current goal is 160 but I may go lower once I get there. I have a big frame and a lot of muscle so I go more on how my clothes fit. I would be happy at a size 8. I have been down to 138 and I didn't look good. I looked sick. I just want to look and feel healthy.
  • kprangernix07
    kprangernix07 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4'' and started at 170. I'm currently 164, and ticking down… 2 yrs ago I lost weight and was at 145… but my goal is 135. Even there is just intermediate for me…. the lightest I have ever been was in college at 128 and I was muscular and very fit. I would say you wouldn't be too low to go down to 120… but I'm no nutritionist, and I haven't met you… don't know your body frame etc.

I would say if you can find access to a BODPOD or some other fat measuring equipment, it can give you a more accurate measurement of your BMI, and tell you what your fat / muscle / bone density is. I used it once, and it gave me a great jumping off point. Hope that helps!
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I started at 188. I got down to the 130's range and there I remained for several years.
    Then I started getting curious as to how I would look a little lower.
    Now I hover around 125 and a size 6 or 8 depending on the brand.
    I'd like to get down to 120 and be done. It does get slow though at the lower weights.
  • dgkt
    dgkt Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have a medium frame, my GW is 115. I currently weigh 127
  • lauraaubill
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and a 188lbs right now. I set my goal weight for 130, which was my weight in college. I might go a little lower, but when I reach my 130lb goal, I'll reassess my plans and see what I want to do. I've always been a bit, um, voluptuous, with an hourglass frame so I'm not sure if something like 115lb is right for me.