Anyone else doing the 5:2 Diet ??

Options
Hi !!! I am knew (well returning and doing it properly anyway). I am looking for friends for moral support and that I can also support. I have started the 5:2 Diet, so I fast on a Monday and a Friday where I allow myself 600 calories and have 1600 calories everyday for the rest of the week. So far I am doing OK (ish) it is tricky but I need to loose weight badly !!! I am 250lbs (18 stone) and 5ft 6.

Replies

• melrn
    melrn Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just finished my first week of 5:2, well actually 4:3... I am doing 3 fasts/week. I lost 2.6 lbs and I wasnt perfect on it. I love it. Its so nice not having to worry and eat normally on feast days. Good luck! Send me a friend request if you'd like. :-)
  • hannahlibertypink
    Options
    Hi it's great to find some one else doing the same thing.

Well done on your loss, I haven't weighed myself yet.. My scales are broke.

I fast on Mon & Fri on Tues, Wed & Thur I don't fast but
    I try to be as good as possible. And then at the weekends I relax, although I still don't over eat or eat fried food.

Good luck and great to keep each other motivated : )
  • oheysummer
    Options
    Hey! I'm doing 5:2 ( I fast on Mondays&Thursdays)
    You should add me :smile:
  • teristarry
    teristarry Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That sounds interesting. I have never heard of the 5:2 diet before now. How are those fasting days? Tough? I may try it. Any suggestions?
  • tsmccall75
    Options
    Sounds interesting. I am going to have to check it out.
  • haanniee
    haanniee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also doing the 5:2 diet
    Fasting mondays and thursday (then add an extra day in if have been particularly naughty)
    lost 31 lbs since beginning of jan

You can add me if you like, always nice to find a fellow 5:2-er

Hannie
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    My husbands is doing it, but does not count on the feast days. Fast days typically consist of 2 4-oz servings of lean meat, a cup of strawberries, one banana, one kiwi, 1/2 cup broccoli and/or 1/2 cup green beans, sometimes a hard boiled egg.
  • reidbeccaa
    reidbeccaa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey,

i'm also doing the 5:2 diet. I fast on Tuesdays and Thursdays :)
  • Cc215
    Cc215 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I've just started too. I finished my second fast this morning. For those that have been doing this a bit longer - does it get easier not to overdo it on the non-fasting days - particularly the first meal after a fast?
  • hannahlibertypink
    Options
    No one on here seems to be a fan of this diet ! I am getting several people telling me up my calorie intake etc. I think it is a good diet.
  • hannahlibertypink
    Options
    I am also doing the 5:2 diet
    Fasting mondays and thursday (then add an extra day in if have been particularly naughty)
    lost 31 lbs since beginning of jan

You can add me if you like, always nice to find a fellow 5:2-er

Hannie

Hi,

your progress is amazing !! Do you do lots of exercise as well ??

Thanks
  • hannahlibertypink
    Options
    I've just started too. I finished my second fast this morning. For those that have been doing this a bit longer - does it get easier not to overdo it on the non-fasting days - particularly the first meal after a fast?

Hi,

good luck !! I find that on the days off I don't want to go crazy and eat loads, as it will undo all the hard work on the other days.

Thanks

Hannah : )
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Come along an join us in this group we have!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8005-5-2-fasting

Hannah, you wont find a lot of love for it on the main MFP threads as it's not totally in line with the way MFP is designed. Also, why are you aiming for 600 on your fast days?
  • hannahlibertypink
    Options
    Come along an join us in this group we have!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8005-5-2-fasting

Hannah, you wont find a lot of love for it on the main MFP threads as it's not totally in line with the way MFP is designed. Also, why are you aiming for 600 on your fast days?

Hi,

I have joined the group, thanks !!

600 is more realistic for me to be able to achieve. Considering I used to consume about 3000 a day it is a massive difference !!

I have changed things a bit - I have kind of modified it to fit my needs.

I fast for 2 days 600 calories
    I eat extra healthy for 3 days 1000 calories
    and I relax for two days, but don't binge or eat fried food or too much treats.
  • Dodorap
    Dodorap Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started my 5:2 diet on 22nd April with a fast and then another fast 24th yesterday and I jumped on the scale this morning and my weight has dropped from 76.7kg to 72.1kg which is 4.6kg down about 10.2lbs. I'm so excited because it was my first time to try it after buying the book on the eve of Good Friday. I'm so motivated to keep doing it, I can't wanit for my next fast which will this time be next Monday. Yippeee!

you can add me too if you like
  • Molly851
    Molly851 Posts: 6
    Options
    I have not heard of the 5:2 but am very keen to hear of your efforts and results I am interested in trying it please feel free to add me
  • EllieTheLondoner
    EllieTheLondoner Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've just decided to try it about just under 2 weeks ago because it fits best with my lifestyle, and if it works then I think I'm going to love it! I'm not expecting miracle rapid weight loss but I've yo-yo'd so much that I don't care, I just want something that feels like it's going to fit with how I live and give me some consistent (if slow) results!

I've decided not to schedule fixed days, just to make sure I achieve at least 2 days a week fasting and 3 days down the gym.

Good luck, let us know how you're getting on!
  • bishop916
    bishop916 Posts: 1
    Options
    I did the 5:2 last year starting beginning of January - by tax day (15-April) I had lost 20 lbs. (Down 247-227)
    I've gained most of it back after slipping and eventually ditching the plan about a month later. I've been holding steady between 235-240, but am still way overweight for my 6ft frame.

As of today I am back on the 5:2 diet as I really had no adverse affects last time around and saw impressive results.

My initial target is 215.
    Coupled with cardio, resistence training (and more cardio!) I hope to be on my way to a transformed physique by labor day.

Add me.