What's your process for logging?

Options
2»

Replies

• wickedpursuit
    wickedpursuit Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    It depends on the day for me, really. Most weekdays, breakfast, lunch and dinner are planned already, so slotting those in isn't hard to do in the morning. Most of my snacks are predetermined, too, so that helps. There are a few days when I can't do that for dinner - and on weekends - so those turn into 'log as I go' days. On particularly bad social-eating days, though, I don't log dinner; I already know I'm blowing everything out.
  • calajane
    calajane Posts: 52
    Options
    wow! Thanks so much for all the responses! It's so great to see so many diffeent logging habits and how different things work for different people. A mix of planning and logging as you go seems to be the most popular option here, with little estimating.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I prelog when I know what I'm going to eat, even 2 days ahead, but it's just an estimation, I typically don't know how much meat or veggies I'm really going to have (we're 4, so there might not be enough for the 5oz I logged etc), or how many calories the dish I'm making is going to be, for example. But it gives me an idea of what I can eat the rest of the day at least.

Either way I always weigh everything and log it before I eat, and adjust my dinner portions as needed.

When I eat out, I just estimate, although I try to stick to restaurants that have nutrition values online.
  • ErinMcMom
    ErinMcMom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I usually plan what we are having for dinner and log that a day in advance so I have an idea of how many calories I have to work with when packing my breakfast, lunch, and snacks for work. The calories I earn through exercise/fitbit activity I use for extra snacks, so if I don't stay active, I'm not having extra snacks that day!