Going to get muddy even faster

Options
hi all,

my name is gayle - my lifestyle in my upper 40s is not the path i want to continue on (just turned 47). Last year, out of the blue, i signed up for a warrior dash, which is a 5k run w/ obstacles including a very large mud pit at the very end. it took me nearly 2.5 hours to get thru the course.... the whole time i cussed and questioned why i was putting myself thru the torture. i hadn't done any training, i was (am) terribly overweight. every hill made me want to flag down a medic to take me back. however, i stuck with it and the magic of the finish line made me want to sign up immediately for the next one.

oct 18 is the next dash for northern CA. i will be in it and i WILL beat my time substantially! my goal is that there is at least 40# less of me and i've started walking and using the elliptical trainer. thought i'd have better results with some sort of tracking program and chose this one.

i'm thinking of getting a fitbit - i'd be interested in hearing how those work for people - does the novelty wear off too quickly?

Replies

• LadyLeonard84
    LadyLeonard84 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Holy crap! That is so amazing! You're a goddess for pushing yourself like that!

I've been heavily considering Fitbits for myself and my husband as well and have pretty much decided to make the jump.
    I've done a ton of reading reviews and watching review youtube vids, etc. From what I've gathered, it looks to be a solid device that could really paint a clear picture of health habits. As far as the devices themselves, initially I was going to go for a Fitbit Flex for my husband who works long shifts outside the home and I worried he would lose the clip-on style Fitbit one while moving around. But the more I read the more it looks like the Fitbit Flex is more prone to overcalculate steps because it's on your wrist and take certain hand and wrist movements as "a step". Some people pop it into their pocket apparently or something along those lines. Since my husband works with his hands a lot, when standing still at work, I don't think the Flex will be the most benefitcial choice for him and have ultimately decided to go with Fitbit ones for both of us. Even if he has to have it in his shift pocket, etc. Seems like a lot of ladies wear the One clipped to the inside of their Bra but if you're someone who sweats a lot that might be an issue.

Best of luck to you!!