Looking for exercises that don't involve feet... :D

Options
Yes, I know that's a weird title for a thread...but I have foot problems. It hurts to even go up and down the stairs at home. And my favorite forms of exercise (walking and dancing) are now off the table because they cause me too much pain. :( I know that swimming and water aerobics would be good alternatives, but is there anything I can do at home?

Replies

• Levahna
    Levahna Posts: 132
    Options
    I have MS and have problems with my feet. I bought an exercise bike and most of my exercise comes from that.
  • chefliesha
    Options
    You should try yoga and pilates. You do not have to be on your feet for those. Well, there are certain yoga poses that you stand for but you are not putting pressure on your feet. If you go to a gym you could ride the bike. I like spin class.
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Chair aerobics! There are several videos that you can do on YouTube... and there are some on the instant queue Netflix too!
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    napping :)
  • rlz1972
    Options
    Dilbo, how many calories does napping burn? ;)

I had forgotten about yoga and pilates. I think I have a DVD or two somewhere....

I'll definitely check out the chair aerobics thing, too.

Thanks guys! And keep the suggestions coming!
  • pwolf66
    pwolf66 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Swimming would be awesome for that.

I've recently developed heel spurs in both feet so the days of walking/running/racquetball etc are on a temporary hold until if/when it gets better. But I still swim.
  • grannyrrtrn
    grannyrrtrn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you have a Wii there are a lot of games that either only need your arms or that you can choose to just use your arms. It can definately give you a challenging work out!
  • jfchilinhernan
    Options
    I'll definitely try the bike option at the gym - thank you very much! I have foot problems as well :( it hurts to walk.