Replies

• littlekitty3
    littlekitty3 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • arrowprayer
    arrowprayer Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    i remember i tried them once a while back and initially it slowed down my weightloss (at least that's what i'm attributing it to).....can someone explain that....is it possible for them to slow down the weight loss...ie. due to more muscles
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    i remember i tried them once a while back and initially it slowed down my weightloss (at least that's what i'm attributing it to).....can someone explain that....is it possible for them to slow down the weight loss...ie. due to more muscles

All that matters for weight loss is calorie deficit. If you add protein shakes to your diet without changing anything else, then you're adding calories. As far as increased protein increasing your muscle size, that's only possible if you damage your muscles through weight lifting and if you're eating at maintenance or at a calorie surplus. You can't build muscle mass on a calorie deficit.
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I am not an expert but I suggest the search function will find you the answers of those who are.

I use them to up my protein when I cannot get my hands on real meat after I lift.
    I also make it into pancakes because I like pancakes!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Protein has calories. If you didn't realise that when you took them before, they could have contributed to weight gain or slower loss. Otherwise, it's just protein. Helps you get enough protein. Getting enough protein should help you to hold onto your lean mass as you lose weight - maybe that's what you mean? If so, that's the kind of weight you want to hold onto, so a slower weight loss is good in that context.
  • arrowprayer
    arrowprayer Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    sorry me again...
    i'm wondering ....can it help to prevent soreness
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    sorry me again...
    i'm wondering ....can it help to prevent soreness

Soreness is just kind of going to happen when you lift weights, there's not a lot you can do about it. It does start to lessen if you continue lifting.