detox and cleansing question

Options
ok I hear that they are good to cleanse yourself. My bff is cleansing her self with acai. I found one with Jillian Michaels. Does it matter which one you use? And once you have done the 7 day or 14 day detox and cleanse then what do you do from there? I can excercise while being on the detox and cleanse right? I know I have to drink lots of water.

Replies

• andylowry
    andylowry Posts: 89
    Options
    Your body disposes of toxins all by itself. No need to do anything extra.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Cleanses and detoxes are a waste of time and money. If you have functioning internal organs you do not have to eat or drink anything magical to cleanse your body because they will do the job for you.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Yup, your body will cleanse itself. No need for a detox or cleanse.
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Go for a poop.
  • knightlygator
    Options
    There is a 30 day-geltato-ice-cream-cleanse going on at the moment.. Seems to be doing really well. Oh so many yummy choices to choose from.. Here is the link :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234119-30-day-gelato-ice-cream-cleanse-diet?page=1
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    what they said.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I'm using this Dove body wash to cleanse myself currently. It works really well.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Waste of time and money. Your body (bowels, lungs, skin, kidneys etc) cleanses itself. You don't need to detox from ordinary food. Keep hydrated, consume fibre, keep breathing etc and you'll be fine.
  • bimpski
    bimpski Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    acai is a stimulant. it may affect you adversely like caffeine. racing heart.
  • Addictedtodamon
    Options
    ok thanks for all of the advice and responses. I think I will stick with water all day. That will be much better then.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Just eat healthy foods and drink plenty of water your body will do the rest. No need to restrict yourself to "just" anything.:drinker: