Fellow Military Spouses/Mommy's! - Going to need SUPPORT!

Options
Hello MFPer's!

My name is Megan. I am 24 years old and I currently live in San Diego, California with my 1 year old daughter and my husband of nearly four years who works for the United States Navy and will leaving for his FIRST deployment in July. :sad:

I joined MFP a few years ago when I was single, in college, and trying to lose weight to look better in a bikini. I succeeded and lost 20 lbs, but I turned around and gained it right back when I got married and had my daughter. This time around I am trying to make this more of lifestyle change in order to lose the weight and than maintain keeping it off.

I am a work at someone else's home mommy/nanny for my daughter and two additional 1 year old boys who both weigh over 25 lbs so I spend my days playing peek-a-boo and chasing babies who are generally creating mayhem. :happy:

Seeing as I am being reborn into MFP, most of my friends from my previous life are no longer participating so I am in search of new friends to help me along this journey.

Thanks for taking the time to read about me and I hope to gain a vast amount of friends from introducing myself!!

Replies

• struggletodiet
    struggletodiet Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    your more than welcome to add me if you like i like to support people along the way of my weight loss journey to
  • ksawyer594
    Options
    I'm a brand new military wife, just relocated to Kentucky with hubby, still looking for a job so I'm always available for support! <3
  • browingfirearms
    Options
    :heart: support the troops :heart:
  • Candlelite89
    Options
    Thanks!

A friend request was sent your way...
  • Candlelite89
    Options
    I'm a brand new military wife, just relocated to Kentucky with hubby, still looking for a job so I'm always available for support! <3

Welcome to the military lifestyle! =] It can be hard at times, but there are many more positives than there are negatives. I'm jealous you're getting to travel for your honeymoon! My husband and I have yet to even have a "real" wedding with his busy schedule, but we are hoping to have one when he returns from this deployment.

Looking forward to talking with you!!
  • ksawyer594
    Options

Welcome to the military lifestyle! =] It can be hard at times, but there are many more positives than there are negatives. I'm jealous you're getting to travel for your honeymoon! My husband and I have yet to even have a "real" wedding with his busy schedule, but we are hoping to have one when he returns from this deployment.

Thanks! Yeah, it's only been two months, and we're definitely having an interesting time adapting. We haven't had the "real" wedding either haha, just going home to Maryland during summer leave for a reception party and I'll wear a white dress. Close enough with his hectic schedule and potentially getting deployed in November. Looking forward to talking with you too!!
  • Candlelite89
    Options

Thanks! Yeah, it's only been two months, and we're definitely having an interesting time adapting. We haven't had the "real" wedding either haha, just going home to Maryland during summer leave for a reception party and I'll wear a white dress. Close enough with his hectic schedule and potentially getting deployed in November. Looking forward to talking with you too!!

That "real" wedding that you are planning to have sounds almost exactly like what my husband and I plan to do. Just a get together with a bunch of friends and family where I can wear a pretty white dress and take pictures to hang up in the house!

Doesn't not knowing potentially very important information suck! I absolutely hate having to guess when I can or can't do something because he only knows his schedule like 3 weeks in advance. I don't think I'll ever get used to that! Lol.
  • KabbyGU
    KabbyGU Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm a military wife (USAF) and currently pregnant with our first. I have a little over a month to go and I'm looking forward to being a mom and getting back to my fitness goals. I can only imagine how different every day life will be with a little one. We PCS shortly after she is born: location currently unknown :) Feel free to add me as a friend!