Planet Fitness Dress Code

Options
KoopaSix
KoopaSix Posts: 252 Member
Planet fitness kicks out Muslim woman wearing headscarf

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/planet-fitness-kicked-muslim-woman-wearing-headscarf-lawsuit-article-1.1730411

Planet Fitness tells woman to leave because her physique was too "intimidating to other gym goers"

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/03/21/too-intimidating-planet-fitness-tells-ca-woman-cover-toned-body

What are your thoughts on this? Just curious.

Replies

• sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    sounds like a bunch of hypocrites to me.

judgment free zone my ....
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    sounds like a bunch of hypocrites to me.

judgment free zone my ....

THIS!
  • EmbraceTheDarkSide
    EmbraceTheDarkSide Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Not to absolve PF of any blame for their boneheadedness but PF is a franchise-based chain. It has been expanding quickly and this creates two problems:

1. Inconsistent competency of owners and managers
    2. Inconsistent training of staff

It seems like while PF probably doesn't endorse this approach, individuals (read: dumb owners and stupid managers) will. I hope both people win their cases (if the facts are true)... I hope it teaches PF that it needs to refocus on existing gyms as opposed to focus all its attention on expansion
  • crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    i cant really say how i feel cuz i would surely get a strike on here:angry::explode: :mad:
  • KoopaSix
    Options
    Not to absolve PF of any blame for their boneheadedness but PF is a franchise-based chain. It has been expanding quickly and this creates two problems:

1. Inconsistent competency of owners and managers
    2. Inconsistent training of staff

It seems like while PF probably doesn't endorse this approach, individuals (read: dumb owners and stupid managers) will. I hope both people win their cases (if the facts are true)... I hope it teaches PF that it needs to refocus on existing gyms as opposed to focus all its attention on expansion

Very well constructed and well said my friend. I think you hit the nail on the head with "1. Inconsistent competency of owners and managers". Not only do they appear incompetent (and this isn't speaking for every owner of PF, but merely the ones I've made contact with or have observed), half of them don't even look like they've touched a weight and diet is their last priority.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    It's planet fitness.
  • KoopaSix
    Options
    download_zps7db0409d.jpg
  • phred_52
    phred_52 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    What is first? Don't matter.

Spilbor is a complete idiot if he/she believes such crap. Tiffany looks nice, but her body is no way intimidating. Though I might be intimidated by her belly button, much nicer than mine :laugh: .

Too bad PF won't go out of business. Rules as trivial as that deserve such.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/planet-fitness-kicked-muslim-woman-wearing-headscarf-lawsuit-article-1.1730411

Planet Fitness tells woman to leave because her physique was too "intimidating to other gym goers"

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/03/21/too-intimidating-planet-fitness-tells-ca-woman-cover-toned-body

It's pretty obvious from your previous posts how you feel about PF. Just starting a thread to try to get things heated up again? You don't like them, we all get that. You don't have to work out there or spend your money there, so what's the big deal?
  • KoopaSix
    Options

It's pretty obvious from your previous posts how you feel about PF. Just starting a thread to try to get things heated up again? You don't like them, we all get that. You don't have to work out there or spend your money there, so what's the big deal?

Why are you so angry? This is a CONSTRUCTIVE thread seeking voices and opinion of fitness enthusiasts and ATHLETES. This is a COMMUNITY...you mess with one of us you mess with all of us. We are in this together and as soon as you realize this you will be much better off. Just like I didn't HAVE TO make this post you don't HAVE TO comment.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options

Why are you so angry? This is a CONSTRUCTIVE thread seeking voices and opinion of fitness enthusiasts and ATHLETES. This is a COMMUNITY...you mess with one of us you mess with all of us. We are in this together and as soon as you realize this you will be much better off. Just like I didn't HAVE TO make this post you don't HAVE TO comment.

No anger here. Just wondering why you are so hung up on PF that you had to start a thread that is just a repeat of other threads you posted over and over again in. If that's what floats your boat, so be it.
  • KoopaSix
    Options
    This is the first thread relating to Planet Fitness that I've ever started. You may have me confused with someone else. I have commented on other threads relating to the topic however.

and you're right I will NEVER spend my money at this "fitness" establishment, I will however educate the community on their wrong doing and save people from any injustices they risk suffering as a result of joining such an establishment.
  • MB2MN
    MB2MN Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    This is the first thread relating to Planet Fitness that I've ever started. You may have me confused with someone else. I have commented on other threads relating to the topic however.

and you're right I will NEVER spend my money at this "fitness" establishment, I will however educate the community on their wrong doing and save people from any injustices they risk suffering as a result of joining such an establishment.

+1.

I am new to the US so I am uncertain on your freedom of religion laws etc. but I thought it was illegal to discriminate against someone based on religious/cultural attire, even with a dress code in place. Correct me if I'm wrong of course. I think it's silly that the woman was told her body is intimidating and to cover up, although if they have a dress code they could have just approached her on that basis and left her body out of it.

I personally wouldn't want to go to a gym where the dress code prevents people from showing off their hard work (I find it inspirational) but it is their right to have one.
  • cbarn025
    cbarn025 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I don't think Planet Fitness is a gym for real lifters anyway. Unless you can only afford their cheap memebership I say just don't go. It's not meant for serious lifters. As far as the judgement free zone I agree with most other comments. That's bull****. It's only judgement free if you are out of shape.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    This is the latest one I saw this morning on the news.... This girl's outfit is actually among the most appropriate and basic gym attire out there...nothing out of the ordinary from any gym I've ever belonged to or been in (or worn myself). It makes NO sense that she was kicked out....its beyond ridiculous :noway:

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/25149295/teens-tank-top-made-others-too-uncomfortable-at-planet-fitness
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    With all this publicity, they're really digging their own grave. I want the least amount of clothes on as possible when I'm working out. I get so sweaty. That tank is downright conservative!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    With all this publicity, they're really digging their own grave. I want the least amount of clothes on as possible when I'm working out. I get so sweaty. That tank is downright conservative!

i also want the least amount of clothes on you.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options

Where do you workout?!? I would like to join