Anyone plan to weigh in during the holidays?

Options
2»

Replies

• redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I'm weighing. I don't expect any losses, but I'm holding myself accountable. For me, no weigh typically = more bad choices.

me too
  • SethLexico
    Options
    i'm doing insanity and what's so funnyis that i even have a fit test on christmas lolz!
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I will be weighing in and doing portion control. I will also be exercising 5 -6 days a week 1 -1 1/2 hrs per day. This is a lifestyle change I am committed to not a fad diet. I am determined to lose 45 -50 pounds and keep it off. It sounds like the majority here is also committed and dedicated to their health. That's why MFP works. Have a Merry Christmas!:smile:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I had flan last night. It was great. I weighed in this morning before my workout. I burned 734 calories. I plan to weigh in each morning as I always have. Keeps me on track.
  • JLeeAlton
    Options
    I will weigh in and still track all throughout the holidays. Just because its that time of year again doesn't mean I will stray!!!
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I will probably try to track and weigh in but i'm probably going to allow myself to eat what I want and enjoy myself over the holidays!!
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    I'm weighing in EVERY Monday morning as usual!
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I am planning on pushing myself extra hard this week right up until Christmas Eve... Then I will just try to behave myself and stay active as I am away until that Wed.

I do not want to let myself make excuses (Bad habit I am trying overcome) even if it is a good one.

I will weigh in on Christmas eve and then again New Years Eve and see how bad or good I was that week.

I am doing the exact same thing. I am travelling to my Mom's who is four hours away. I have already asked her to have a lot of raw vegetables on hand and I offered to wash, cut and store them for her. At least I will have options if I feel like I overdid it.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I'll be weighing for the holidays for sure. I have to admit that I have it easy. We have not family in the area, so I have almost total control over the food situation. If I feel things are not going well, I will add a work out to the day. For me working out is the key.
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Yes. I'm going to do everything the same. By not keeping track, you'll just end up in shock on Jan 1st.
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Yes -- weighed in this morning and am hanging tough in my goal range. Fortunaty, in maintenance, I have a 5 pound "range 133-138. Keep your goals in mind but try to enjoy everything that the Season has to offer! This is truly a Magical time of year!
  • tarapin
    tarapin Posts: 169
    Options
    I weigh in on Friday mornings so I will definitely be weighing in on Christmas Eve and NYE. My goal is not to gain ANY weight during the holiday :bigsmile: Good luck!!!
  • Levahna
    Levahna Posts: 132
    Options
    I am weighing the same as always. . . if I can't make it through the holidays making the right choices and continuing my journey, then I need to make changes.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Yes. I'm going to do everything the same. By not keeping track, you'll just end up in shock on Jan 1st.

You got that right.
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options

Im the same, i weigh in every monday, i intend to stop myself from over eating this holiday, last time i was in pain from over eating. My ibs flared up & the pain from that was unbelievable. i might not get my workouts done but i am keeping an eye on what im eating.
    I hope everyone has a wonderful christmas
  • collettemrk
    Options
    I weigh-in every other tuesday so this tuesday will be before the holidays and two weeks later is after.
    My problem is I'm going to be 1500 miles north staying with my folks.I will log everything so I hope that will help to keep me in check.The exercise (or lack of) is what worries me most.
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    heading my way ah Mark? ><Better swap that bike for a sled pal.
  • collettemrk
    Options
    heading my way ah Mark? ><Better swap that bike for a sled pal.

Maybe I'll get some skiing in while I'm up there!
  • tmogs
    tmogs Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm going to continue to weight myself daily, lifestyle change for me.... there's no breaks in life, so there's not breaks with this as well for me.:glasses:
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Haha, I mostly do the same.