Starting out, in need of support!

Options
Hello, my name is Aly and I am 22 years old & 5'3" tall. This is my first time using an online support group. I started out at 217 lbs at the end of December in 2013, and am now currently fluctuating between 209 & 206 lbs. My ultimate goal would be to get anywhere between 120 & 140 ( wherever I become fit, and satisfied. I just want to be healthy.) I give up on myself way too easily, and I am trying to form a support group because I never really had one through this journey. I currently am a full time student with a full time job so finding time is a little rough but I've been able to fit in 30-45 minutes worth of running or 30 day shred in at least 3 or 4 times a week thus far. I'm trying to learn how to portion, something I have a problem with so I try to eat 5 small meals instead of 3 large ones. I've also cut out all fried foods and am now trying to cut out my guilty pleasure - ice cream.
Sorry for all of the rambling, I am new to this & would much love some support and guidance!
Thank you!

Replies

• Chuchiiee
    Chuchiiee Posts: 43
    Options
    ^^ Hey hey.
    I'm 5'5, 22 yrs old, and started at 173... since you're just starting you'll be amazed at the results you can get just on fixing your diet alone. When I first started.. I didn't exercise at all. Hated it. Still dropped 15-20 pounds on portioning my meals and I still ate just three meals a day and was still eating late at night (still in college at the time). Just know it'll take time. X"D I'll add you. Go you~
  • ashleydanforth1
    ashleydanforth1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi !

I'm 30 years old 5'3 and 178 lbs. I'm a yoyo dieter/exerciser. I am married with a toddler and am having a very hard time portioning my meals, and finding time to exercise. I just started 30ds. I definitely need motivators!!
  • firefighterdez
    firefighterdez Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    stay motivated and find some friends that will help and challenge you with workouts. Throw away the junk food in the cabinet.
  • maryc1966
    Options
    Hi Aly

I'm also starting out today - I'm 48 years old - 5 7" and just weighed in at 195 lbs. I have 2 kids , a sedentary job and have piled on the weight over the last couple of years. Today is 16 weeks until my summer holiday so I have to be really motivated in order to lose the weight I want to before then.
    I have been swimming this morning and plan to do some kind of exercise 3 x per week. I already feel better both mentally and physically for doing a few lengths and not waking up and turning to food.

In a nutshell - I will combine exercise with healthy eating - cut down on portion sizes and cut out junk. It would also really help me to check in with someone for support and encouragement along the way and to gain inspiration from others to keep me on track.
    I am determined to stick to this not only to improve my health and fitness but to actually like what I see in the mirror.

Good luck on your journey too and hope we can keep in touch
    Mary