Crock Pot Peanut Clusters

Options
This is not a "healthy recipe", just a VERY easy, big-batch of candy to make for goodie trays you may be giving this season. I am not a cook, I don't bake and I can make these. I make them every year! Have plenty of surface space for cooling!

1- 16 oz jar salted peanuts
1- 16 oz jar unsalted peanuts
1- bar sweetened bakers german chocolate
2- 11 1/2 oz packages milk chocolate chips
1- 20 oz chocolate almond bar
1- 20 oz vanilla almond bar (some use 1/2, I use the whole thing)

Break bars into pieces and put in crock pot. Add chips. Add nuts. DO NOT STIR. Put lid on and set crock pot to LOW. DO NOT open lid for 2 hours.

After 2 hours, stir well and spoon onto wax paper in the size clusters of your choice. Let cool.

Makes a large batch!

*TIP- I turn off the crock pot with about 10 minutes left.

*TIP- When stirring, don't scrape the bottom or sides if you feel any hard spots where the chocolate might have burned. Could put the burnt-flav in your batch.

*TIP- I put wax paper on baking sheets, cutting boards, everything I can find because it makes A LOT. Have plenty of counter space, table space, EXTRA space ready!

*TIP- They spread as they cool. Use a TEASPOON, not a tablespoon to dip them out for the perfect size.

Replies

• HidyleDidyle
    Options
    Sounds like something to try sometime!
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    it's too easy. dump it all in. wait. stir it. dip it out.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I only have a high or low setting on mine. High is for 3hrs to I don't know.. maybe 4? And Low is for 7+. I am not really sure which to use?? Sounds soooo good. Thanks for sharing!!! [=
  • SJSchwartz
    Options
    If you're not sure about your high/low settings on the crockpot, you can do the same thing in a double boiler on the stove, with the stove set to low/medium. Takes about 5 minutes that way. And yes, they are very yummy :) And if you don't have a double boiler, you can use a glass bowl set on top of a pan of water on top of the stove.
  • pcfrend
    pcfrend Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    And if you don't have a double boiler, you can use a glass bowl set on top of a pan of water on top of the stove.

Thanks for the tip! I wanted to try this for Christmas goodies but didn't have the slow cooker or double boiler!
    Yum!
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    I only have a high or low setting on mine. High is for 3hrs to I don't know.. maybe 4? And Low is for 7+. I am not really sure which to use?? Sounds soooo good. Thanks for sharing!!! [=

Low for 2 hours.
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    with the peanuts on top of it all, in the slow cooker for 2 hours give them a real "roasted" flavor. even though they are already "roasted" peanuts. just really pulls that flavor. i'm for slow and good.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    This is not a "healthy recipe", just a VERY easy, big-batch of candy to make for goodie trays you may be giving this season. I am not a cook, I don't bake and I can make these. I make them every year! Have plenty of surface space for cooling!

1- 16 oz jar salted peanuts
    1- 16 oz jar unsalted peanuts
    1- bar sweetened bakers german chocolate
    2- 11 1/2 oz packages milk chocolate chips
    1- 20 oz chocolate almond bar
    1- 20 oz vanilla almond bar (some use 1/2, I use the whole thing)

Break bars into pieces and put in crock pot. Add chips. Add nuts. DO NOT STIR. Put lid on and set crock pot to LOW. DO NOT open lid for 2 hours.

After 2 hours, stir well and spoon onto wax paper in the size clusters of your choice. Let cool.

Makes a large batch!

*TIP- I turn off the crock pot with about 10 minutes left.

*TIP- When stirring, don't scrape the bottom or sides if you feel any hard spots where the chocolate might have burned. Could put the burnt-flav in your batch.

*TIP- I put wax paper on baking sheets, cutting boards, everything I can find because it makes A LOT. Have plenty of counter space, table space, EXTRA space ready!

*TIP- They spread as they cool. Use a TEASPOON, not a tablespoon to dip them out for the perfect size.
    Hm, not healthy, whatever do you mean? I see protein represented there...protein from nuts is good right? :tongue: :drinker: Indeed it is. Nice to have a crockpot recipe for candy making, not sure I'll be doing any this year but I'll pass this along to those I know that do.

Thanks Noodle:wink::flowerforyou:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Just tossin this idea out that I read lately as it might work great for Noodle's candy recipe or any others! Or even healthy trailmix treats to share at work.:love:

If you have the super mini muffin paper liners you simply spoon the candy mixture into them, allow them to cool, or refrigerate and POOF! Magic! I bet they'd look festive like that too :o)
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    great idea becca!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    bump