question?

imustdecrease
imustdecrease Posts: 55
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
Just started MFP this week and I am loving It. I wanted to know if all you that are having success with the program are actually following the guidelines given ,cals, carbs, fat, prot. or are you doing your own thing?

Replies

• ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Hi there and welcome :bigsmile:

I'm here a while and what MFP says is really working for me :wink: I still eat normal food and include small treats so I am not missing out on anything :laugh: It's all about moderation a little bit of what you fancy once you track it is fine :drinker:

If you are tracking don't forget to include Sodium that is the worst one for keeping the weight on :heart: and drink min 8 glasses of water a day :bigsmile:
  • anitamaria12
    anitamaria12 Posts: 2 Member
    When I first signed on I was doing what the site told me and I did well. My doc says I should tweak it a little so I did, taking down the fat and calories. I don't feel like I am doing as well but I will weigh in again on wednesday so we'll see. I think it was more encouraging to do it the way the site set it up bc I was always under the suggested calorie limit but now that I lowered like my doc said I am mostly over it and it makes me feel bad. LOL So I might have to switch it back just to keep my spirits up! Its all psychological LOL But hey I lost 6 lbs the first 4 weeks! GOOD LUCK!
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    I follow what MFP tells me & have been doing pretty well so far! I particularly have to pay close attention to sodium, which is my body's worst enemy! lol :grumble:

Best of luck to you on all of your fitness goals!!!
    :smile:
  • I've been here since July 29th and I love it. I follow the calorie guidelines, but not the rest. I do eat a low fat low sodium diet because that is what my husband needs. It's working well so far. Hit half way on Friday. Yeah! Work out and track your calories and stay withing the budget MFP allots you and you will lose and do fine. Good luck!
  • thanks for your input:) that helps! Just wanted to make sure I am doing this thing correctly.
This discussion has been closed.