I'm freezing!!!

Options
So I reached my goal weight, and by sticking to MFP during my maintenance I have also unexpectedly reduced my body fat % from 30% to 22%. Which thrilled me all summer long, and got me thinking that I would like to make a new goal based on body fat %...but now that winter has officially arrived in New England...well I am just so darn cold! I normally love winter and snowboard and showshoe all season long but I don't know how I am going to manage this year! I find that with less "insulation" I am layering like crazy and still shivering all the time and am downright miserable! In fact I'm even avoiding going outside, and I've been turning the heat up higher in my home than I ever have!! My body is craving simple carbs and fat but I'm trying to be so good and stick to the lean protiens, veggies and complex carbs that got me here, fighting those primordial instincts with every bit of strength I have. I'm just wondering if anyone else is having the same experience?? Maybe we can build a huge bonfire and discuss it???:laugh:

Replies

• randyv99
    randyv99 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Nope don't have that problem quite yet. I'm still well insulated. Will let you know in February or maybe next Decemeber.
  • slrose
    slrose Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    i find that quick bursts of simple exercises throughout the day keep blood flowing and helps the problem a bit
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    i have!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I like the winter season. yes it's cold. I use it as a motivation to keep moving when I go outside and walk.
  • Djetta
    Options
    I have found that since I lost a significant amount of weight (approximately 85 pounds), that I feel the cold a LOT more. Granted, I still need/want to lose about 40 more so am still a bit "insulated" so to speak, I think I would rather have to wear more clothing on a temporary basis than more fat on a permanent basis. Just my 2 cents. My husband is convinced that because I go to bikram yoga where the room is heated to 105 degrees, THAT is the reason why I catch a chill so easily, but heck with that thought, I need my stretchies.:happy:
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    First off you look OUTSTANDING, great job. Yes that is the biggest difference for me. I used to be hot all the time. Now I am freezing cold all the time. Wear jacket at work, cant get enough blankets on me at home. Sadly I live in Minnesota too :(. Keep up the good work you look lovely.
    So I reached my goal weight, and by sticking to MFP during my maintenance I have also unexpectedly reduced my body fat % from 30% to 22%. Which thrilled me all summer long, and got me thinking that I would like to make a new goal based on body fat %...but now that winter has officially arrived in New England...well I am just so darn cold! I normally love winter and snowboard and showshoe all season long but I don't know how I am going to manage this year! I find that with less "insulation" I am layering like crazy and still shivering all the time and am downright miserable! In fact I'm even avoiding going outside, and I've been turning the heat up higher in my home than I ever have!! My body is craving simple carbs and fat but I'm trying to be so good and stick to the lean protiens, veggies and complex carbs that got me here, fighting those primordial instincts with every bit of strength I have. I'm just wondering if anyone else is having the same experience?? Maybe we can build a huge bonfire and discuss it???:laugh:
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    First off you look OUTSTANDING, great job. Yes that is the biggest difference for me. I used to be hot all the time. Now I am freezing cold all the time. Wear jacket at work, cant get enough blankets on me at home. Sadly I live in Minnesota too :(. Keep up the good work you look lovely.

Aw, thank you very much :blushing: And congrats to you on your weight loss so far - 71 # is very impressive!
  • xonophone
    Options
    , I think I would rather have to wear more clothing on a temporary basis than more fat on a permanent basis.

Yes, I agree with you 100% Here's to fleece!!:drinker:
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    LoL
    I have been complaining about the cold a lot, but I always do..
    I could be colder than before.. I just wear more to compensate!
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Yep! I've gotten myself down to 18% BF and I'm cold, too - and I live in Florida! :noway: Of course, it's been really cold here the last few weeks, at least for Florida. But I was always cold before, too. I've always had a lousy tolerance for cold and loooove the heat - which is why I live here. But I live in layers now, too! I definitely feel your pain! Good luck!
  • xonophone
    Options
    Yep! I've gotten myself down to 18% BF and I'm cold, too - and I live in Florida! :noway: Of course, it's been really cold here the last few weeks, at least for Florida. But I was always cold before, too. I've always had a lousy tolerance for cold and loooove the heat - which is why I live here. But I live in layers now, too! I definitely feel your pain! Good luck!

18% is very impressive! That is my goal :). And it has been unseasonably cold in FL...I have a good friend that lives in South Florida (WPB area) and she is positively miserable!
  • Dlibo1013
    Options
    you dont know what cold is lol
  • alantin
    Options

LoL! I second that! Try out some Finnish winter! It has been about -15C to -20C for a while now and we are still waiting for the real cold.. :sick:

I truly hate cold from the bottom of my heart! :mad:
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I'm still around a 30% body fat (according to my bathroom scale, which I'm not sure how accurate that is). But I'm FREEZING this winter! I've been cold since October really... hahaha. I've just been wearing a lot of sweaters to work and layering when I go outside. I was really cold last night walking around downtown DC with my boyfriend and I never used to get THAT cold just from being outside for a few minutes. I guess it's a tradeoff, I'd rather invest in a warm jacket than put 64 pounds back on!
  • Dlibo1013
    Options
    you got that right
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options

Oh, I know! Before I moved down here, I pulled military duty in Alaska, South Korea, and Iceland in the winter. Now THAT's cold! I acclimated, but I still hated it. Now that I live here, you lose your acclimation quickly, and what used to be fairly "temperate" now feels absolutely frigid! It's all relative, I guess.

But I'm glad I'm not in Finland right now. Yikes!
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options

I just posted a similar topic LOL. I haven't gotten to the level of reduced body fat that you have achieved, but I am still cold and starving all the time lately. I'm also in New England and I am trying hard not to let this really cold spurt undo the hard work I have put in already!
  • Tasha1476
    Options

LoL! I second that! Try out some Finnish winter! It has been about -15C to -20C for a while now and we are still waiting for the real cold.. :sick:

I truly hate cold from the bottom of my heart! :mad:

I have seen 2 finnish winters, so I second that. It was so cold there!(But you guys also had like a record hot summer there this year and like NO ONE has air conditioning and I suffered through that too!!)

BUt I almost must say that I have noticed less fat making a HUGE difference on how easily I feel cold. Im ALWAYS cold now!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. I'm down to 18% body fat...I've always been thin so I'm always the one freezing when everyone else is warm. I layer up as much as I can. I live in Atlanta and it's already been quite cold down here this year. I'm also living in a house with people who do not understand the meaning of turn on the heat (they are all over weight).
  • alantin
    Options
    I have seen 2 finnish winters, so I second that. It was so cold there!(But you guys also had like a record hot summer there this year and like NO ONE has air conditioning and I suffered through that too!!)

Hah!
    The first time I ever saw that kind of an air conditioner was in Japan. :laugh: At first I thought that the things were for heating! (It turned out that some of them could be used for that too, though..)
    Because of the climate, we are generally more concerned about heating systems and insulation.. Usually if you wan't to cool down the house, you just open the door! :laugh:

Last summer was GREAT! I enjoyed it immensely! No suffering in my part. :tongue:
    A funny thing was, though, that I was in Turkey for two weeks in July. I really appreciated the air conditioning in the hotel room there!