h-e-l-l-l-p

Options
Ooooh I need help please. Nothing seems to work for me, least of all my diminishing willpower and determination. I started the fast 5-2- diet and consistently lost, strayed, started again, strayed, and now it isn't working at all for me. I am almost too humiliated ashamed and embarrassed to post this. My weight is just going up and up and up. Has anybody else had this experience? I've never been as heavy as this in my life and I despair. Its bad enough being an OAP :smile: without my figure disappearing under a total fat cloak. Thanks in anticipation.

Replies

• mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Have you tried just eating at a calorie deficit instead of the fast 5-2 diet? Never tried it, but I'm losing just eating a deficit so you might want to try that ....
  • petefromguelph
    petefromguelph Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Have you tried just eating at a calorie deficit instead of the fast 5-2 diet? Never tried it, but I'm losing just eating a deficit so you might want to try that ....

Agreed. Down 17 lbs so far on a 500 cal deficit and haven't really been exercising as much as I would like... but still losing while keeping deficit... and weighing/logging etc...

P
  • easjer
    easjer Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Nobody here can help you with willpower. Ultimately, that comes from you. I could suggest a reasonable caloric deficit as the way to go, but if you can't meet that, no amount of suggestion will help.

What's going on with you that is sapping your willpower and causing you to start and stop over and over? Are you really at a point where you want to lose weight? I said I was for years of yo-yo dieting, but truthfully, I wasn't ready yet.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Clearly the 5-2 fast is not working for you if you're having that much trouble sticking to it. I could never do that plan.

Create a calorie deficit with your eating and working out habits. It's easier to maintain and requires very little willpower, tbh.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Yah I couldn't do the 5:2 fast either...I need at least 1600 a day or I am weak....

Just eat at a deficet...don't eliminate foods esp the ones you love just fit them in....
  • MayaDyra
    MayaDyra Posts: 90
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear U are discouraged. Diets are tough. How about ditching the diet and just exercising while cooking healthy foods at home?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    The 5:2 method of eating works really well for some people, but I agree with others here that it doesn't work for me at all. I'm moody, unfocused, and not fun to be around if I'm eating below 1400 calories. And I'm way too likely to overcorrect and binge on my maintenance days.

There are a lot of different eating strategies in the world. If 5:2 doesn't work for you that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you. It just means it doesn't work for you. I would really recommend trying something different. There's no point to beating yourself up trying to fit into a diet that doesn't suit your lifestyle.