Replies

• BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Sure, I rarely drink.
  • KTemple1
    KTemple1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm so right there with everybody--I do well during the week, but then get to the weekend and all bets are off. Not that I am a binge drinker by any means, but social drinking means that I tend not to (okay, never) track my drinks or the greasy, 3 am meals that follow! Plus, if you're like me, the restaurant wine pours are ridiculous-give me the big girl glass and fill it to the top!

I'm in!
  • scs317
    scs317 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm in for this. I find that alcohol is definitely the worst thing in my diet!! But definitely need a support group for when I go for dinner with friends and everyone orders a drinks.
  • sstolii123
    sstolii123 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have been off alcohol for a few months now and it has really helped me in many different ways. My workouts are consistent and I am achieving the goals that I am setting. We can do it.
  • kmtbeaulieu
    kmtbeaulieu Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    sounds interesting...but my good behavior is a drink on the weekend...I don't think I can give it up but good on you mates!
  • pghfitgirl
    Options
    I could go for that! Not only is it the empty alcohol calories that get me off track, but the alcohol effect also lowers my food inhibitions. Cheesy nachos and king size candy bars sound like a great idea after 3 drinks.

And, the bloating. Don't even get me started on the bloating.

So yeah, I can do no alcohol April for sure!!
  • berfy
    berfy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Actually, already about a week in.
  • step132
    step132 Posts: 9
    Options
    Ohhhhhh but I like my wine so much .... but I'd like to feel healthier and look good even more, and I'm pretty sure the alcohol is holding me back. I'm in.
  • Kinseykick
    Options
    I don't think I have a problem but I like to be social! I've switched to wine to cut some of the calories out but that doesn't help when I polish off a bottle! I'm in. Its going to be weird explaining this to my friends but I think it will be good for me in the long-haul :) Lets do this!!
  • fragileelegance
    fragileelegance Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Yay, you guys are amazing!!!
  • seylerstephanie
    seylerstephanie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm excited to see the difference it makes. I'm one week off the sauce....even went to a bar with friends last weekend and still had fun! We can do this! :)
  • flabbybunker
    flabbybunker Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT AND YOU WILL DO IT

You might be surprised how much you DONT miss drinking if you can get through the whole month. Although its been awhile, I have gone times where I go out with friends and dont drink a drop of liquor or beer. I would joing you for April, but I gotta help a friend out at a beer fest. this month.

But , as one who ahs done at least 4 month without the booz, I will say that if you can get through the first month, you wont miss it much. Not saying you have to go that long or that dry, but you will be surprised how much easier it is to not want the stuff as much after you go 30 days without it
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Funny - I was thinking about this today but I don't know if I have the will power to do this yet. I am toying with the idea of ONLY drinking on Saturdays when I have my long workouts or just for special occassions. But... I am not sure I am strong enough for this yet.

Good luck to you guys. I will definitely remember you guys doing this and keep considering. If I can go two weeks that would be good.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Ok, I am doing this, except I just remembered that I have to plan one binge weekend near the end of April. :)
  • ddrumstic
    ddrumstic Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I drink socially at least once a week and tend to go completely overboard. The next day is always a write off. This is going to be tough!
  • Molly250
    Molly250 Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm up for it!! I'm Scottish and drink lots! I have already declined a vodka tonight so I'm nearly there!
  • agentgummy
    Options
    Kudos to everyone who is jumping on board with the no-alcohol april! i gave up alcohol for lent last year and this year. i've seen such an improvement in my workouts and cardio that i'm probably going to extend my no drinking streak to the end of april. it's definitely not easy, especially after a tough day/week at work or when coworkers want to build team spirit by going to happy hour! nowadays, instead of pouring a large glass of wine after a tough day at work, i go to the gym and work off the stress. so it's like a double plus. you guys can do it!!!
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    IN to be a motivating example to my functioning-alcoholic friend who has voiced concerns over her own drinking. i'm not going to ask her to do it. i'll just do it myself. kava kava > alcohol anyway. :drinker:
  • Sweetestthing87
    Sweetestthing87 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I am in! I think this is needed and it will be interesting to see how much alcoholic beverages really does hinder my efforts! Shall I friend request you?

Feel free to add me! Oh man, I may have to have a drink tonight! LOL

So glad you posted this OP!

I have cut back from these old days of drinking:
    Wednesday, girls night out drinks (every other week or so)
    Thursday: Networking Night out/Thirsty Thursday (2 to 3 times a month)
    Sunday: Sunday Brunch (once a quarter) Football season: COME ON, at least a beer or two would go down!

Monday and Tuesday were usually good days from the start so really it is a matter of cutting out the Friday and Saturday. I do know that I don't miss the drinking on the other days so... here we go!
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    In! :)