Remembering weights and reps

Options
2»

Replies

• Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Spent an hour or two last weekend working up an Excel spreadsheet to track everything for a new program started this week. Muttering to myself all the while that someone must have made a decent app for this (but not spending the time to actually search for the right app). Now find this thread and JeFit. Just downloaded the app and set up my routines -- looks like exactly what I wanted! TY!
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Android has a free app called "Lifting Log" which tracks reps, weight and rest time between sets. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles, it's just a really simple program that only does the one thing. The reps are easy for me to remember because I use an app called (yes, all you hardcore lifters can start your laughter now) "5 Day Bodybuilding Schedule." This tells me what muscle groups to work on what days (M-F) and how many reps to do. The rep numbers don't change, the amount of weight does.

Anyway, happy lifting! :drinker:
  • clairelizzy1972
    clairelizzy1972 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks all.. I went and downloaded the Jetfit app :) I put in my workout from yesterday and it is just what I was looking for.

I have been using pen/paper but am trying to reduce what I take to the gym since mine doesn't have lockers to hold stuff. First day I had my iPod, phone, towel, water bottle, pen and notebook. It's alot to keep track of for me during the workout. So tomorrow I go with my phone, towel and water bottle. Liberating!
  • clairelizzy1972
    clairelizzy1972 Posts: 54 Member
    Options

Anyway, happy lifting! :drinker:

I'll have to embark on this kind of lifting soon. :) Thanks!
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Thanks to this thread I downloaded Jefit on Saturday and set up my current routine, as well as logged last my workouts with weights and reps for each split. Used it real time in the gym for the first time this AM. Really, really nice. Just what I was looking for. Thank you fellow MFPers for the heads-up!
  • wolfgate
    wolfgate Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Gym Hero user here.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    pen and piece of paper?

yeah- not sure how this got forgotten Lol

I've been using a composition book- or a journal book for years- I have probably half dozen lying around.
  • Aparz1
    Aparz1 Posts: 949
    Options
    Spreadsheet :)
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Spent an hour or two last weekend working up an Excel spreadsheet to track everything for a new program started this week. Muttering to myself all the while that someone must have made a decent app for this (but not spending the time to actually search for the right app). Now find this thread and JeFit. Just downloaded the app and set up my routines -- looks like exactly what I wanted! TY!

Same exact situation. Thanks!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I'm old school, I use my notebook and a pen. My cycles are pre-set so I know exactly when I'm supposed to be working with day to day throughout the cycle and I just tick off whether I was able to do it or not and make any notes as necessary. I use Excel to build my program based on Wendler's 5/3/1 programming, slightly altered to be 8/6/3.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I make a 1 page chart of my exercises, so I can write down the reps and amount of weight. It's still carrying a duo-tang around, but it's less bulky.
  • strawberrygashes
    strawberrygashes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Old school...notebook

^ This.